2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I have had 2 Civics, change of job meant a re-think as the last Civic was a company car, new job gives allowance but no car, so I ended up purchasing A Toyota Aygo outright, less than 6 months old, 2000 miles , no road tax, cheap insurance and great mpg, doing very few miles these days and it's just me an the missus so suits me just fine, main run is to the airport and back as I work in London most weeks.

Anyway here are some shots after the first reasonable clean, polish and wax (still just an enthusiastic amateur). I have added Heko's, a shorter aerial, rubber mats for the winter, hard wired the sat nav and added a dash cam, put my private plate on and added the black stripe.

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
My last car was an Aygo. While it was very reliable and cheap to run it was nothing to be proud of and the comments and piss taking backed that up. Surprised your trying to show it off on a Civic forum. The comfort got to me in the end and it had to go as it was killing my back and that was on 20 mile runs.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
My last car was an Aygo. While it was very reliable and cheap to run it was nothing to be proud of and the comments and piss taking backed that up. Surprised your trying to show it off on a Civic forum. The comfort got to me in the end and it had to go as it was killing my back and that was on 20 mile runs.
So a Honda civic is the pinnacle of pride?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Nope but then I don't go posting pics of it in here. Just if you wanna show off an Aygo you need to do it on a site where the car is of a lower standard, like Lada, lol

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Aygo with k20 in it! nothing to be proud of???

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Nope but then I don't go posting pics of it in here. Just if you wanna show off an Aygo you need to do it on a site where the car is of a lower standard, like Lada, lol
Firstly you know this section is called non-Honda gallery right?

Secondly lets examine your attitude; what is your 'appropriate standard' please?

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Read the title , Civinfo > Off topic > Non Hondas > Non Honda gallery > My wee Aygo

Your attitude stinks, I have had 3 x BMW, 2 x Merc, 1 x Audi A7 and numerous others in the past, I have also ran 2 Civics.

Why would a Lada site be appropriate?

As it says it suits ME just fine, just need a cheap and reliable A-B car, why would I spend £26k for a Civic when I can have a car that does the job for a quarter of that price that costs next to nothing to run and sits at an airport car park for the best part for a week.
If a Civic or a Merc or jag or any other car that I can afford suited me then I would have done just that.

Appreciate it is not for you but please respect other peoples opinion and choice

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just the comfort??? I would have though the comments and piss taking would have got to you more!! Interested to know who made the comments and took the piss, I have certainly had none of that, then again maybe I have more mature friends than you!

Why did you buy it in the first place, did you not research?

Plenty of people on here complain about the lack of comfort and harsh ride in a Civic

·
Registered
408 Posts
Like I say if you were trying to show it off it just seem strange. I buy a car that suits me but I don't ever remembering putting pics of my Aygo on this forum to show it off. It's just a statement but if your proud then good for you but I don't think I ever look at the Aygo and thought, what a great looking cool car, lol. The new one is an improvement but city cars are never going to be poster pin ups.

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Like I say if you were trying to show it off it just seem strange. I buy a car that suits me but I don't ever remembering putting pics of my Aygo on this forum to show it off. It's just a statement but if your proud then good for you but I don't think I ever look at the Aygo and thought, what a great looking cool car, lol. The new one is an improvement but city cars are never going to be poster pin ups.
Exactly, what suits you is fine but not everyone will agree with you, I am sure you would not expect to be slated though.

Loads of people who USED to own a Civic move on to other cars but "hang around" due to the fact the site is generally a good one full of great people (although there are exceptions), Civinfo created a space where people could post photos of their new car. Does the fact loads of others chose to post their new car in this section strike you as "strange"
It is for Non Honda, if a civic is all you are interested then don't venture into that part of the site, cos you aint going to see Civics (clue "non Hondas")

I happen to like the car (hence why I bought it), every car has their haters, Civics included.

Anyway you have made your opinion very clear, lets move on.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Ok, I have my page set up so all new feeds come to one site so didn't know non Honda stuff goes on here. I liked the Aygo and apart from the comfort it was very dependable and cheap to run getting 60mpg. Just I never felt proud in it if you get my meaning. My next car may well be a mk2 Aygo depending if I can live with the downsizing in quality and comfort etc.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Cute! As said above, can't fault your logic for owning one, they're like little go-karts :p.

Enjoy! :)

Sent from the Death Star Disco Deck

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For what it's worth I quite like what you've done to this Aygo! And can't fault your logic for owning it either. The 3 cylinder engine growls too!
Cheers, appreciate the comment

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
A person who drives a diesel Civic dissing a brand new funky Aygo... Hilarious!!

They are great little cars. Bought my daughter one when she passed her test and I drove it loads. Really fun runaround.
Such unbelievable car snobbery!!

Enjoy the car civicnewbie. Looks :cool:

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Only one person has to be happy with the car and that is the owner, if they like it then who cares and enjoy the new motor as for sure if I was parking a car 5 days a week in a airport carpark then I would also not want an expensive motor either

1 - 20 of 28 Posts