2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

Returning member from the past. I had a 2.2 diesel civic at the time. Then as I work at Honda in Swindon I had various company cars from all of Honda’s model line up.

Now I have gone back to owning my own car ready for when the factory closes in 2021.
Have had the car a few weeks now after getting it home to give a proper clean. And my private plate is now on the car.

Few photos attached. Future mods include eibach springs, and handling upgrades, stereo will be changed for a new modern system, and potentially a remap

Cheers Myles

·
Registered
143 Posts
I did exactly the same as you but I worked at Honda Nordic and when I quit i still buy Hondas. :)

The car looks solid. Nice color and the wheel wells looks almost new? No faded plastic as far as my eyes can see. :)

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Agree the colour coded arches look way better - I feel like Honda should have just done this as standard to be honest, but that's just my personal opinion. Others may disagree. Car is looking good though!
Honda’s sneaky way of a facelift mid way through its build life at Honda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gave the car a quick oil change and air filter change. The air filter was in minging state

Also changed the pollen filter which was also in a really dirty state

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry haven't updated for a while. Found some rage alloys at a good price. With Hankook tyres but in need of a refurb.

Ordered some 17mm rear spacers and 5mm front spacers and here they are all fitted

Will be ordering some new bilstein shocks and eibach lowering springs soon

Cheers

·
Registered
795 Posts
Hello all,

Returning member from the past. I had a 2.2 diesel civic at the time. Then as I work at Honda in Swindon I had various company cars from all of Honda’s model line up.

Now I have gone back to owning my own car ready for when the factory closes in 2021.
Have had the car a few weeks now after getting it home to give a proper clean. And my private plate is now on the car.

Few photos attached. Future mods include eibach springs, and handling upgrades, stereo will be changed for a new modern system, and potentially a remap

Cheers Myles

👍

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry haven't updated for a while. Found some rage alloys at a good price. With Hankook tyres but in need of a refurb.

Ordered some 17mm rear spacers and 5mm front spacers and here they are all fitted

Will be ordering some new bilstein shocks and eibach lowering springs soon

Cheers
Looking good, just purchase a Tourer myself! Any luck with the head unit yet? Be interested to see your progress!

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Have been to two companies and there is no way to retain the ability to change the top screen.
Essentially there is not enough demand to change the stereo in our Civic's so no company makes an adapter to control the screen.

There is the option to run a different amplifier and use this to power the speakers, still retaining the factory head unit.

This is done with something like a kicker keyloc amplifier.

I personally only use the top screen for fuel range but having the time display incorrectly would drive me mad.

This may be a small price to pay though after upgrading the head unit.

Cheers

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have been to two companies and there is no way to retain the ability to change the top screen.
Essentially there is not enough demand to change the stereo in our Civic's so no company makes an adapter to control the screen.

There is the option to run a different amplifier and use this to power the speakers, still retaining the factory head unit.

This is done with something like a kicker keyloc amplifier.

I personally only use the top screen for fuel range but having the time display incorrectly would drive me mad.

This may be a small price to pay though after upgrading the head unit.

Cheers
Agreed, the clock would drive me mad too if it was wrong!

Looks like I will just use Android Auto on my phone synced up to Bluetooth with a phone dash holder. Not too terrible!

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So thought I would treat myself and the car to some lightweight wheels. I think you will agree with me they do look good.

When the weather starts to play ball I will get them on the car.

Speedline Turini 18x8 ET45 with Dunlop sport max tyres in 225/45/18

Cheers

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Heres a quick picture of my wheels on the car

And now onto the next stage, heres the first package arrived this morning

Waiting on the springs and new rear dynamic shocks to arrive.

Have also ordered the genuine rear diffuser for the rear bumper, that was expensive!!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
So thought I would treat myself and the car to some lightweight wheels. I think you will agree with me they do look good.

When the weather starts to play ball I will get them on the car.

Speedline Turini 18x8 ET45 with Dunlop sport max tyres in 225/45/18

Cheers
I thought r18 tyre size ment to be 225/40/18 ?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts