2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
In progress of refurbing 18's and looking for some tyres hence spotted it. You downsized from 19 is it because of harsher ride?

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
In progress of refurbing 18's and looking for some tyres hence spotted it. You downsized from 19 is it because of harsher ride?
The ride was only slightly harsher but the main reason was the weight. It wasn't noticeable for normal town driving but felt noticeably heavier when trying to push the car.

MPG dropped slightly with the 19s. Only by a couple lol

Cheers

·
Registered
CW FK2R GT
882 Posts
that looks sublime mate :) whenever a tourer pings past me in my rocket i always grin and go oooh thats nice!

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Sorry to all the MK9 owners, but i think the tourer looks better than the hatchback every day of the week except the type R

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Will the drive comfort (corners) drop going from 17' to 18', if the weight is about the same?
I've not run my civic in 17" but i find the ride quality is great on my light 18"s. Less good on the heavy factory 18" wheels though, and was worse still on the worn out factory dampers.

Good dampers and light wheels help the ride. Difference in sidewall height makes some difference but really not that much in my experience.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've not run my civic in 17" but i find the ride quality is great on my light 18"s. Less good on the heavy factory 18" wheels though, and was worse still on the worn out factory dampers.

Good dampers and light wheels help the ride. Difference in sidewall height makes some difference but really not that much in my experience.
Thanks for the info. I will mostly go from 17' to 18' on my hatchback. Hope that I will not lose too much comfort. Driving is good now.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Have had a busy day fitting the rear diffuser, maxton design front splitter and side skirt extensions. Makes the car look completely different. Just waiting on my lowering springs to arrive then get that fitted too.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

I have now fitted the Bilstein B8 front dampers and new OEM rear shocks, with Pi lowering springs, lowering the car 35mm front and 30mm rear.

Car now in my opinion looks amazing, the handling is greatly improved without ruining the normal ride comfort.

Have to think about speed bumps a bit more but have not scraped yet. Took me around 4.5 hours to fit it all.

Cheers

21 - 31 of 31 Posts