2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about a name and shame thread for civinfo members who have been driving like idiots.. ?

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
How about a name and shame thread for civinfo members who have been driving like idiots.. ?
Name and shame users of the forum because someone else does not like their driving!!!!

Who would make such a decision?

Bit heavy handed and totally unworkable in my opinion, imagine the threads and arguments this would create, it would simply be "he did/she did"

Not for me I'm afraid.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If i saw anyone with a civinfo sticker that cut me up or something stupid like go the wrong way on a roundabout.. I would name and shame.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
If i saw anyone with a civinfo sticker that cut me up or something stupid like go the wrong way on a roundabout.. I would name and shame.
Why are you repeating yourself, clearly nobody agree's.

Mods should close the thead.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I dont see the forum getting better of such a thread and i also honestly believe that almost everyone on here loves their car and will drive accordingly.
And to start a name and shame for a fellow member just because he made one mistake is too much in my opinion.

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
I don't see the need to close it just yet. However, I don't think it's a good idea as the threads just descend into an abuse throwing attacks. That would then mean the Moderating team would have swing the Infraction and Ban stick and do more work.

·
ivtec just kicked out,YO!
1,007 Posts
It could also turn into he said/she said arguing thread. i.e. I could say I saw you go 90mph in a 30 mph zone and making a U turn with a handbrake almost hitting a 12 year old school boy with a puppy sad eyes. There are no proofs it didn't happen ;) it would just be my word against yours.

I know it's sometimes very irritating to see somebody drive like that, even more when he drives a car you have a soft spot for, but I also think this thread won't bring any good to the forum.

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
Everyone, no matter how good a driver makes mistakes. We are all human after all. So imagine if you were generally a good and considerate driver who happened to have a bad day and you were seen and named and shamed... It would not be very nice for everyone on here to then have a pop at you.
Not a good idea for a thread IMO.

Wouldn't it be ironic if CTDI got named and shamed as I'm sure you are human too and make the occasional mistake :p

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Personally, if I was spotted driving like an idiot, I'd probably welcome the "advice".

Of course, there is always a fine line between idiot and reckless too, depends on the skill of the driver and just what they did.

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
i wouldnt be coming on a forum naming and shaming - if i saw someone go the wrong way round a round about i'd report them to the police for dangerous driving:worms:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts