2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so it was very early into my ctr journey to decide to take on changing the rear calipers, discs and pads! Due to a completely seized in place handbrake cable, I’ve also become rather familiar with the underside of the car!
I have however, found this:
Wood Bedrock Automotive tire Trunk Snout
Automotive tire Wood Gas Automotive wheel system Auto part
Automotive tire Wood Gas Automotive wheel system Auto part

I haven’t a clue what it is - almost looks like an arb droplink, but the material is bendable, which leads me to think it’s not going to cause a whole load of issues…
Anyone know what it is?!

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Bloody good question which bit in that hot mess are you referring to?

Try searching lings Honda on Google then enter your reg it'll pull up diagrams of the rear and you'll be able to establish what has perished

·
Registered
524 Posts
I believe that’s the headlight levelling sensor that’s connected to the rear beam, looks broken from the pics though

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
May help a little more:

it’s definitely snapped into two! Will have a good look for a headlight levelling sensor on lings.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Do you have HID lights?

Here’s a related thread that might help.

It doesn’t look light you can buy the link separately so it might be a call to the breakers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think you can get it at coxmotorparts.
It says it’s for the CRV but if I remember correct it fits the civic.
You can also buy adjustable droplinks on ebay and just match to the broken one.
You also need a home-made OBD plug to reset the leveling sensor. I found a guide here somewhere on how to do this.

·
Super Moderator
4,016 Posts
May help a little more:
View attachment 319562
it’s definitely snapped into two! Will have a good look for a headlight levelling sensor on lings.
Yes that's what it is, the other end may still be attached to the axle beam if you're lucky.
DKC is correct the CRV one does fit, worth confirming with Cox.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts