2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the only way to update the navigation still to go to a Honda dealership and lay a couple of hundred quid.

Or now in 2020 is there a workaround or an alternative?

Thought it might be worth checking. Doubt anyone is paying the money now to update the maps?

·
Administrator
21,155 Posts
The 9G update method involves a disc coded to your individual car. They learned a lesson from the 8G pirated discs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is the only way to update the navigation still to go to a Honda dealership and lay a couple of hundred quid.

Or now in 2020 is there a workaround or an alternative?

Thought it might be worth checking. Doubt anyone is paying the money now to update the maps?
When I went for a service recently, I asked how much it would be on my Civic.
The girl on the desk said she's ask the service guys to check which system I had and let me know.
When my service was done, he came back, handed me my keys and said, "Your sat nav is the disk version so it would be 200 and something so..."
Having just shelled out for a service, I said, "Oh I won't bother then" and he immediately said, "Yeah, most people say that"

So if "most people" refuse to pay the extortionate fee and are left with outdated systems which fail to recognise newer roads, why are Honda still trying to rinse us for them? They're effectively degrading their own product and annoying customers. The price point is clearly way off.

·
Super Moderator
1,788 Posts
£200 gets a pretty good traditional Garmin satnav with lifetime map updates.
Doesn't look so good and leaves wires trailing but you know what? It F*cking works!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Woah. That is crazy.

Id rather spend more ripping the unit out and having it replaced with a google car play thing.

·
Administrator
21,155 Posts
I've said quite a few times that selling 1 copy at £200 or 100 (or maybe 1,000) copies at £20 ........ Honda, Navteq, Here, 'you do the maths'

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So true

Shame having such an old map makes the navigation pretty redundant in the car

Had hoped there was a solution all these years later

1 - 8 of 8 Posts