2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

New to the forums and only found this place looking for the answer to my question :)

On the navigation system - how the hell do you change it to miles rather then km??

checked the manual and a long internet search i still have yet to find the answer.

Am hoping someone out there can help?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Hi and welcome.

I havent looked on mine, but there must be an option in the settings menu???

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi all

New to the forums and only found this place looking for the answer to my question :)

On the navigation system - how the hell do you change it to miles rather then km??

checked the manual and a long internet search i still have yet to find the answer.

Am hoping someone out there can help?

Thanks
On the head unit, hit "info". Then on the top right hand corner of the screen itself, hit "settings". From there, you can head on into the sat nav settings, and change the unit of measurement from KM to miles. You can also set up all of the screen brightness, map style, icons etc etc......

best of luck to ya.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply Fraggle

However i'm still having trouble. On the head unit I can't see an "info" button. I can press the menu button and it gives me the options of Destination, Route, Settings, etc etc. I have gone into settings and then the sat nav bit which brings up loads of things i can change. But changing the measurement to miles is not one of them. grr Think i may have to contact Honda as it has me baffled

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks for the reply Fraggle

However i'm still having trouble. On the head unit I can't see an "info" button. I can press the menu button and it gives me the options of Destination, Route, Settings, etc etc. I have gone into settings and then the sat nav bit which brings up loads of things i can change. But changing the measurement to miles is not one of them. grr Think i may have to contact Honda as it has me baffled
Do you have the SD sat nav, or the HDD sat nav? I am referring to the HDD sat nav........ I will check again for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fraggle

I have the SD card version - gonna get hold of honda to see if they can provide an answer. Will post up the findings - if any :)

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
If the user info I'm looking at is correct for your car, then look at the bottom of page 39 under others / language which gives:- English (mile), English (km), as well as a host of others...

Hope this helps?

Cheers,

Bob...

Reactions: stu400

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OOH Bob - i could kiss you.

Yes, to change the km to miles you have to change the language. What a weird place to put it and I never thought to look in the language menu.

Cheers Bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts