2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks I went car hunting. I ended up choosing a EX model, done 30K and they were asking 13,500 for it. I love the car, lots of kit (including parking sensors which this car needs :) ) and the drive was a lot of fun. The dealer was prepared to respray the bonnet and give me an extra year's warranty. I said YES, but then overnight I decided that it was perhaps a little too much so I cancelled the next day and hung back. I'll see if they will reduce the window price after the new reg kicks in.
Do you think the car is overpriced? What kind of deal should I be looking for if I go back?

I was offered first dibs on an Accord EX 58 plate (old shape) done 40K for 13,000 plus a three year warranty and road tax. I think it's overpriced by two thousand but you get the dealer protection.

Tough decision. :)

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I would buy same car private for 2.000 cheaper and use that 2000 incase of any repair needed or fof service

Dealer seems not very helpful with after sale they r tyrying to cut corner and honda,s dont really develop problems often

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
if you look in the for sale section, there was a very tidy 59 plate type s gt for 11k, with a few tasteful mods, private sale but i know what id rather have.
western honda, edinburgh, have a black 09 plate type r with 24k for sale at 10k :cool:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I don't think the dealer will sell the car unless he drops the price to around 11,500. I might consider it then. With the Civic I'd only consider a 2.2cdti. :) Type R is too uncomfortable on bumpy roads.

EDIT: I might look at a 1.8 since I don't do more than 8000K a year and I don't change cars very often.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
I don't think the dealer will sell the car unless he drops the price to around 11,500. I might consider it then. With the Civic I'd only consider a 2.2cdti. :) Type R is too uncomfortable on bumpy roads.

EDIT: I might look at a 1.8 since I don't do more than 8000K a year and I don't change cars very often.

if i was doing 8k a year, i wouldnt bother paying the extra for the 2.2, id stick with the petrol, less to go wrong.
and if your after build quality and comfort, the 7th gen accord is a vast improvement on the current ( swindon built ) civic

:popcorn:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if i was doing 8k a year, i wouldnt bother paying the extra for the 2.2, id stick with the petrol, less to go wrong.
and if your after build quality and comfort, the 7th gen accord is a vast improvement on the current ( swindon built ) civic

:popcorn:
Makes sense. I think the Accord 2.2 is good value on the second hand market at the moment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wouldn't buy a civic at the min. Just wait till the new shape comes out and wait for the price drop on the older models.

Also that civic is a nice car but not worth 10k. It's a buyers market not a sellers, just don't rush you decision and don't settle for the asking price.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
I might look at a 1.8 since I don't do more than 8000K a year and I don't change cars very often.
2.2 diesel DPF likely to clog & cause more problems with such low mileage, you're better off with the 1.8 (or 1.4 if you want economy)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts