2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nearly new Civic Type S owner + photos !

Hello all - i've been on here for a while as an Accord owner in the past but I'm picking up a Civic next week so thought I'd say hello :)

Its a 1.8 07 56 plate Type S in black - standard I think apart from an unkerbed set of 18" blades :D

Its only had one owner and done 10400 miles !! I paid £6750 (from a Nissan dealer) for it so perhaps a bit high but worth it for the mileage and wheels, 12 mnths warranty etc etc

I've read up lots and hope it will be a good one - on the test drive i didn't hear any rattles so fingers crossed.

The ride didn't bother me either, in fact it felt pretty comfortable compared to my Leon FR - obviously performance isn't the same but I got 42 mpg on the test drive whereas I get 30 from the Leon driving it like a granny !

Only real downside is no Cruise Control and it looks like an expensive job to fit :(

Anyway hopefully see you around !

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Welcome along mate.

Loving the blades, had them on my CTS.

Colour coding first thing on the list???

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Welcome ..

10K miles and £6.5K - FSH ? - sounds like a bargain to me ! ...

CC conversion takes a bit of time, but the parts are the sort of things you can get from a Breaker quite reasonably, and folk in here have done whole thing ...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome along mate.

Loving the blades, had them on my CTS.

Colour coding first thing on the list???
TBH i'm not that bothered as the car is black....

Welcome ..

10K miles and £6.5K - FSH ? - sounds like a bargain to me ! ...

CC conversion takes a bit of time, but the parts are the sort of things you can get from a Breaker quite reasonably, and folk in here have done whole thing ...
Not quite full service history but as its nearly 5 years old and with such a low mileage I thought it would be ok...

Regarding the CC what would I need ? Such a shame its not on the stalk like on VAG group so you can just change that...

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
Alright mate, good to see you over on the dark side :D

Just don't ask me to help you fit your headlight bulbs on the Civic, it's a right pain in the arse ;)

Only real downside is no Cruise Control and it looks like an expensive job to fit :(
Yup, initially I thought I'd fit it on the cheap, but turns out you've got to change the whole wiring loom too. Bugger. But if you're determined, and can change the loom yourself, it might be worth it. You'll need the loom, boss unit, and steering wheel from a CC fitted model. Plus side is once you've changed the loom you can fit a stock satnav unit too, if you haven't got one already.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hello mate :)

Still got the Civic then ? I would have liked the diesel but just couldn't afford it - you know how things are in the public sector at the moment !

I wouldn't be able to change the loom so i will have to live without cruise :(

Are the bulbs really hard to change ?!!!

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
I do mate, tough times. I'm pretty sure the 1.8 and 2.2 type-S are going for around the same price though? :confused:

Engine bay is tiny on the Civic, especially the diesel. You have to take the battery & tray out, and move the washer bottle to change both sets of dipped bulbs!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts