2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I picked up my manager and gave him a lift into work (I work for a small freight company with 7 vans) at work there was me, my manager and another bloke (ted). After being at work for about an hour I noticed a big dent and a clean patch in the dirt where my door had blatantly been hit. After a small investigation it is deffinatly caused by a pallet on a forklift. Only ted had driven the forklift up to this point and he denies hitting my car.

Now the problem, despite my manager saying the dent 100% wasn't there when I picked him up, the big boss says the insurance won't pay for the damage caused unless someone confesses to hitting it?? Is this correct??

The car was on works property in works time and hit with a works vehicle.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm currently facing a £1,000 bill :(

·
Registered
249 Posts
Sorry to hear this mate.

Are there any signs where you park your car that state
"Vehicles are left at owners risk"
Or is there any CCTV in the car park?

Hope you get the correct outcome.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear this mate.

Are there any signs where you park your car that state
"Vehicles are left at owners risk"
Or is there any CCTV in the car park?

Hope you get the correct outcome.
No CCTV in the car park

No signs saying cars parked at owners risk also it's not stated in my employee handbook or my contract.

I'm pretty sure the company insurance should pay for it

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
+ 1 tell ted to fess up as it was blatantly him and state he would be pretty fired if the same thing had happened to his car!! People should just be honest!!

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+ 1 tell ted to fess up as it was blatantly him and state he would be pretty fired if the same thing had happened to his car!! People should just be honest!!

Exactly mate but he is such a smug little git that he just won't fess up..

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,731 Posts
your boss has pritty much admitted its happened at work so its gotta be paid by your work if they they knew who done it or not, then its there problem to investigate that

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
As above really - if you've got a third party statement confirming that it happened at your workplace surely they don't need an admission of guilt to pay up?

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
your boss has pritty much admitted its happened at work so its gotta be paid by your work if they they knew who done it or not, then its there problem to investigate that
As above really - if you've got a third party statement confirming that it happened at your workplace surely they don't need an admission of guilt to pay up?
This is exactly what I was thinking, just wanted to get confirmation from an insurance company then I will show the thread to my boss

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any insurance company's that can help??

Desperate for an answer from a professional

1 - 10 of 10 Posts