2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Need advice please

5K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  newmie1984 
#1 ·
Hi I.ve had my 2007 diesel 2.2 Civic for approx a month and I'm thinking of selling, I can't get used to the noisy diesel engine and when I go up through the gears I get a kind of engine whine, it appears to come from the passenger air vent, it's an odd noise, I took it back to the garage I purchased from as it's till under warranty but they say they can't find anything wrong,
The other annoying feature is the front door handles, look good, but cheap sounding when you open, I keep searching the web to see what I might buy in place but still really love the shape and features of the Civic, please help, :)

#3 ·
You are hearing the turbo, it's like a low whistle, I have to say the engine in my 2009 cts is exceptionally quiet. Handles feel pretty sturdy, give it more time you will love it.

#11 ·
Also note that these civic's aren't generally quiet in the cabin. It could have done with better sound deadening material. May be somebody in the forum could recommend something!!!!. Otherwise thy are brilliant cars and looks wise still stands out from the others on the our roads

#12 ·
The Honda diesel engine is one of the quietest in its class - stand next to a VW diesel and you will see (hear) what I mean ;)

The sucking sound in mine has changed to a puffing sound so need to get it checked out.

Hope you decide to keep her - she's beautiful :)

#16 ·
These are noticable quieter than alot other diesels. They are supposed to have the wispering engine.

Obviously they dont sound nice and sporty. I am a petrol head, have owned cars from a fto, scooby, rx8 and a 3 series 325 bmw

This was my first diesel, but they have great torque, mpg to match.

Give it some time :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.