2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i was driving i held down the I button on the steering wheel and i got 2 speed icons up a 30mph and a 50 mph both with a line through them and just wanted to ask what theese mean

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
You can set 2 speed alarms so when your speed reaches these values an alarm goes off.

So if you are in a 50mph limit you can set an alarm to alert you if you drift over this speed.

A line through them means they are not set

Of course all this is in the manual ;)

Reactions: dwall31

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
And if you hold down 'i' with the handbrake on you'll get a lot more settings to play with as well :)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
And if you hold down 'i' with the handbrake on you'll get a lot more settings to play with as well :)

not to sound stupid, but can you clarify? As far as the manual, mine is German and I speak English.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
not to sound stupid, but can you clarify? As far as the manual, mine is German and I speak English.
If you hold the 'i' button on the steering wheel (the one that cycles through the trip computer) down for a couple of seconds, a menu will come up on the multi-functional display.

Your handbrake has to be on to access all of the options though. Make sure the handbrake light on the dash is on.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
I also have this problem with CHG Settings because the handbrake light is not on?Help?is this a quick fix or is it going to be a dealership job?

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
HAndbrake Light

Went to change some settings on the BEAST but can only change the speed alarms(Annoying).Read a few posts saying it has something to do with the hanbrake????Checked the BEAST and found she does not have a Handbrake Light on the dash???is this a simple fix or a dealership fix?Thanks for you help.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Went to change some settings on the BEAST but can only change the speed alarms(Annoying).Read a few posts saying it has something to do with the hanbrake????Checked the BEAST and found she does not have a Handbrake Light on the dash???is this a simple fix or a dealership fix?Thanks for you help.
A few people have had this problem where the car doesn't realise the handbrake is on.

I think most take it to dealer although it may be something you can do yourself. Surely just a microswitch near the handbrake lever somewhere?

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Thanks for replying mpn_daedalus,think its gonna be a trip to the dealer then(hopefully its under the warranty).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts