2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son is insured with autosain't insurance with a telematics box
He pays £220 per month don't ask lol and have got to pay 9 monthly payments as he paid a very large deposit.
He had a accident on the 29th November and wrote the car off he hit the back of some one so was his fault.
He as paid Decembers payment of £220 and have rang them to see the cost of changing to a different vehicle they want a extra £139 depsoit and a extra £180 a month on top of the £220 he all ready pays so £400 total a month totally ridiculous.
Can he cancel the insurance and not pay the last two payments as he does not have a vehicle and with these sort of prices can't afford to either
As I said he as all ready paid £220 for Decembers payment and won't be driving this month either and as paid the premium.
Is there any thing he can do as I have never had to deal with any gnu g like this before and can't really give him and advice

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Anyone can cancel insurance as long as payments are up to date ie he is not trying to wriggle out of any back payments, I believe the problems only start if an insurance company cancel for any reasons, you would have the declare this.
Sounds ass if he needs to get the bus, £5k a year wow

Edit - Forgot about the fact he will be making a claim in which case I would say the others are correct in that he will probably need to pay full amount

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Yeh should be able to cancel pointless paying for a car he dos'nt hav he needs to phone insurance and tell them he wants to stop the payments as the car was wrote off.

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
He wont be able to cancel this as he has claimed or has a claim against him on the policy so this must be paid up in full, if he had not claimed or had a claim against him they he would have been able to cancel with at most a admin fee. The reason he pays so much is because he his high risk and as proved this with the accident so really grin and bear it walk for 2 months then try a different companies for quotes.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,868 Posts
He wont be able to cancel this as he has claimed or has a claim against him on the policy so this must be paid up in full, if he had not claimed or had a claim against him they he would have been able to cancel with at most a admin fee. The reason he pays so much is because he his high risk and as proved this with the accident so really grin and bear it walk for 2 months then try a different companies for quotes.
This would normally be the case.

What does the policy say?

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Need to check it when I get back but I have said this is probably the case because if the accident

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Probably have to pay the remaining months premiums as I'm guessing this is an annual policy.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts