2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi iv had my honda civic 1.6 2003 for 4 years but iv recently having a problem my temperature stays half way and the fans do not work what can cause this also when i park up i can hear sizzling water and steam from rad cap area i think my rad cap is an after market not genuine can that casue it ? hope someone can help thank you

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
:D
hi iv had my honda civic 1.6 2003 for 4 years but iv recently having a problem my temperature stays half way and the fans do not work what can cause this also when i park up i can hear sizzling water and steam from rad cap area i think my rad cap is an after market not genuine can that casue it ? hope someone can help thank you

My guess is that the thermostat is broken. Replace it with a new one and everything will be back to normal. I assume you have checked the coolant system and refilled it so it don't runs dry? Visit your nearest Honda dealer and get a genuine radiator cap.

Welcome to the forum BTW! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:D

My guess is that the thermostat is broken. Replace it with a new one and everything will be back to normal. I assume you have checked the coolant system and refilled it so it don't runs dry? Visit your nearest Honda dealer and get a genuine radiator cap.

Welcome to the forum BTW! :D
hi thank for the response iv ordered a genuine rad cap off ebay i will know buy a thermostat tomorrow, do you 100% think its thermostat

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,822 Posts
WHEN THE ENGINE IS COLD (!!!) remove the cooling system cap and look for any obvious signs that the cap or seal is damaged. Do also check that the coolant level is correct.

A faulty thermostat would either result in a longer warm up than normal if stuck open, or over-heating if stuck closed (which would be indicated as a higher-than-usual temperature on the gauge).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WHEN THE ENGINE IS COLD (!!!) remove the cooling system cap and look for any obvious signs that the cap or seal is damaged. Do also check that the coolant level is correct.

A faulty thermostat would either result in a longer warm up than normal if stuck open, or over-heating if stuck closed (which would be indicated as a higher-than-usual temperature on the gauge).
hi yes iv checlked this morning i had to put water in and i could see water marks tip of the rad the cap has small craks on top of plastic, the car warms up normal but temp stays half way but no fans kick in

1 - 7 of 7 Posts