2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I’ve had a engine rattle or knock when my engines cold and you put your foot down. Almost goes away when warm but you can still hear it. Anyway took it the garage and they’ve replaced the water pump a pulley and the tensioner with a new belt for the price of £540. The noise is still there and the garage are now saying it’s the cam chain and want £750 to do it. So thought I’d get a second option and got my cousin down who’s a bmw mechanic for 25 years. He says it’s not the chain and sounds like a bottom bearing or cam bearing. My heads shot over it and would appreciate any advice thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can’t get a video sorry mate it’s only when you drive it. The oil level is at the max on the line. It’s due a service like but that won’t fix the problem. It’s a 2.2 diesel with 124k
If you can get a video of the noise that would help, what the oil level like? Also what engine?

·
Registered
925 Posts
I can’t get a video sorry mate it’s only when you drive it. The oil level is at the max on the line. It’s due a service like but that won’t fix the problem. It’s a 2.2 diesel with 124k
Oh ok mate, sorry I don't know anything about the diesels, I'm sure someone will come along more knowledgeable to help you out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it might be dmf on the way out, does it rattle more when clutch depressed
No mate only when driving. Think it’s a blowing fuel injector tried to get it out today and ended up cracking my rocker cover. Any advice on how to get a seized injector out? Is there a tool I can buy? Because now I need all four out to replace the rocker cover. Gutted I’ve been at it all day

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
507 Posts
No mate only when driving. Think it’s a blowing fuel injector tried to get it out today and ended up cracking my rocker cover. Any advice on how to get a seized injector out? Is there a tool I can buy? Because now I need all four out to replace the rocker cover. Gutted I’ve been at it all day
Something like this might be of help? Don't know what the right size for yours is though but they do make tools to remove them.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sounds like the Cam Chain Tensioner is a bit stuck and works proper when the engine oil on temperature.
Cheap trick is to refresh the engine oil with a thinner grade.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts