2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just picked up my Type R FN2 yesterday and not sure if it's normal but when the throttle is in a certain position (not under load and not letting off just bang in the middle of the two) my engine sound very noisy ( a bit like a diesel) any advice would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
That could be the timing chain needing doing. Best to upload a vide of the sound so the community can give you an accurate guesstimate.

If all else fails, use common sense and book it into a Godo Garage Scheme mechanic or a honda main dealer ASAP before major damage is done.

·
CTR
538 Posts
Was it a dealer or private sale? If dealer get it straight back to them to check, did you get any service history with it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was it a dealer or private sale? If dealer get it straight back to them to check, did you get any service history with it?

It was from a dealer but since posting this have spoken to a friend of a friend at a Honda dealership who has said that it isn't timing chain and will be the last service that wasn't done at Honda and they will have put wrong oil in and that causes this noise so it's getting dropped out tonight and fresh Castrol Edge 0-30 put in with new filter fingers crossed that cures it but thanks for the help.

·
CTR
538 Posts
Superb, nice and easy fix

·
Enjoying life
8,533 Posts
Really? Do they know the incorrect oil was put in? What mileage is it on? Have you done the pcv valve check?

·
Enjoying life
8,533 Posts
52000 miles and no how do you check that please

To check for a faulty pcv valve you pop the bonnet with the engine running. There is a pipe coming up from the centre of the intake manifold that heads to the left. If you are hearing a scratchy/gargling type noise you give that pipe a squeeze and the noise will disappear. Usually the sign of a faulty pcv valve (which is at the end of that pipe)
Mine was faulty, a simple replacement job.
The pipe is the black one shown in the picture below coming out the centre of the manifold.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To check for a faulty pcv valve you pop the bonnet with the engine running. There is a pipe coming up from the centre of the intake manifold that heads to the left. If you are hearing a scratchy/gargling type noise you give that pipe a squeeze and the noise will disappear. Usually the sign of a faulty pcv valve (which is at the end of that pipe)

Mine was faulty, a simple replacement job.

The pipe is the black one shown in the picture below coming out the centre of the manifold.

Thanks for that will check that as well tonight and post any outcome tomorrow cheers for the help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts