2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Unfortunately today it seems someone scuffed my driver side rear wheel arc in a car park and drove off without leaving any details...

Now i am not sure about body parts, or body part repair etc so i have asked around a bit and i am really not sure where to go or what to do.

As you can see the wheel arc is badly scuffed, now some people have said i can get it repaired and repainted at a body shop for about £80 pounds, others have said for what i need doing the minimum price would be around £600 quid!! Now others have said it may be cheaper to just buy another wheel arc and get it replaced at a garage which would be cheaper.

What do you guys advise i do? If it is a case of getting a replacement where can i buy them? Also.. what exactly is the part called what i am looking for.

Please see the pic below...

https://ibb.co/cd1quQ

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi guys,

Unfortunately today it seems someone scuffed my driver side rear wheel arc in a car park and drove off without leaving any details...

Now i am not sure about body parts, or body part repair etc so i have asked around a bit and i am really not sure where to go or what to do.

As you can see the wheel arc is badly scuffed, now some people have said i can get it repaired and repainted at a body shop for about £80 pounds, others have said for what i need doing the minimum price would be around £600 quid!! Now others have said it may be cheaper to just buy another wheel arc and get it replaced at a garage which would be cheaper.

What do you guys advise i do? If it is a case of getting a replacement where can i buy them? Also.. what exactly is the part called what i am looking for.

Please see the pic below...

https://ibb.co/cd1quQ

Hi,

I unfortunately scuffed my front near side wheel arch trim and replaced it but buying brand new from Honda for £89 inc vat.
£600 is a joke - it's either deco repairable or replace it for a fraction of the cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi,

I unfortunately scuffed my front near side wheel arch trim and replaced it but buying brand new from Honda for £89 inc vat.
£600 is a joke - it's either deco repairable or replace it for a fraction of the cost

Sorry - damn auto correct. I meant it's defo repairable or replaceable

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could you possibly tell me what the part is called and maybe a link to where i can buy one. Is it just a standard rear wheel arc panel for honda civics?

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
£600 Seems a lot fo that level of damage!! My last civic got keyed all along the passsenger side from front headlight to rear lights and had all 4 panels resprayed for £400 2 years ago. My previous civic to that I scuffed the back wheel arch/bumber corner reversing along a wall that suddenly jumped out at me :wink3:. looked really bad with deep scratches more damage than yours in the plastic and that only cost £150 for repair and spray 4 years ago. and that was a blue metallic Si with colour matched arches. Both times at my local respray touch up fixer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah as i said some people have advised £80 for a respray and others have said 600+.

I am going to take it to the local body shop tomorrow and see what they say, i have tried looking for replacement parts online but cant find any unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
It'll just be known as the rear wheel arch trim if you want to get it from your local Honda dealer. Just make sure they know it's for a Type R however as the Type R trim is different to the standard model. ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts