2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've had problems with audio with my car for months now and finally all four speakers have given up on me don't know why. Not only that but it also causes major problems with the clock display, keeps doing this:

Not only that but the radio keeps turning itself on and off, so I'm guessing there's a dodgy wire somewhere. Which is why I'm replacing all four speakers on the doors but got no idea which set to buy. All the ones I've come across are only 2-way speakers. Maybe I need to buy two sets? Thinking of getting some likle this

Halfords | Pioneer TS-G1323i 13cm/5.25" 3 Way Coaxial Speakers

And probably get it fitted by them aswell. All advice would be appreciated, I am a complete novice when it comes to speakers and whatnot

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I think the door speakers are 6.5" mate and youll need adapter rings, i used 18mm mdf ones from ebay for about £3

·
Registered
30 Posts
Honestly, i do not believe that replacing the speakers will fix the problem...
This will require some testing...

Good luck,
Thomas

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honestly, i do not believe that replacing the speakers will fix the problem...
This will require some testing...

Good luck,
Thomas
What kind of testing do you mean? Hope I don't have to take it to Honda, they'll charge a fortune

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
The new speakers will be deeper than the standard honda ones so you screw the speaker rings to the door then the speakers into the rings, that way the back of the speaker wont foul the window when down

·
Registered
30 Posts
What kind of testing do you mean? Hope I don't have to take it to Honda, they'll charge a fortune
Since all 4 of them are dead and the display is bananas, it is something electrical.

Maybe time to change the head unit? The standard are crap anyway ;-)
Sorry...

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
As you have the OEM satnav unit, it's not easy to replace. There are lots of companies that offer head unit repair such as these guys:

Car Audio Repair Service

There are a couple of threads for those who were brave enough to replace their unit with a double din but there is no easy wiring kit available unlike the non-satnav cars.

·
turbo's are just cheating
307 Posts
Your screen going funny and speakers popping is because of your head unit mate......you have fault and unfortunately you will have to repair it or go aftermarket.

Good Luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts