2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all, I've bought a reverse camera and the cable to plug into satnav. I was really up for fitting the camera on my own, as I have done a lot of research on here and felt it is a doable job (on my own)...
Well to get to the point I started to do the job and panicked, so I gave up.

Is there anyone in the Leeds/Bradford area willing to install it for me, I've got everything needed but just not the confidence to go through with it.

Payment is not a problem.

Cheers people ?

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Dervinator
1,349 Posts
The hardest part of the job is actually threading the video & secondary power cable through all the trims & rubber grommets in the hatch.

Tapping into the reverse light wire (TWICE) is a doddle.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your going to laugh but I couldn't even take off the plastic covering in the hatch ?

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Yeah the worst part was feeding the cable throughout the grommet, had a mare feeding mine through, lots of fairy liquid helps

The rear plastic is pig to remove, just got to give a bit of force in the right area

Taken mine off a few times now (fitted type R lights)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help guys, I've done the majority of the wiring from front to back, but I really can't figure out where and how I'm going to get the wire for the camera into the car. Once I can get find a way (from your help PLEASE) then I can do the rest.

Cheers fellaz ?

·
Registered
451 Posts
I fitted mine in the rear bumper trim, far easier, and you can just hide the wiring under the carpet all the way through the car, no fafing about with the hatch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts