2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all..

Got problems how to uninstall my original heda unit, its unfunctional, no sounds in any of the speakers, got a new from the local honda store, so i could test it my self, but dont know how to get in to the original headunit, i tried to click it out, but looks likes it got some screwes you need to get out?

any one tried to get it out that can give me a quick guide how to do it?... thanks..

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
It's a big job which involves taking half the dash apart (see Wiki)! Why can't your dealer do it for you under warranty?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cause i mounted som other speakers, and used to work fine when i did run em over a amplifyer, but now when i going to sell the car (getting the new type r) i wanted to make it to normal i installed some rockford fossgate speakers in it, but when i run em over the original radio no sounds comes out??? and speaker cables should be right again.. so wanted to test if it was the radio... so bored it

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
given the huge job that is involved in taking the head unit out, I'd put the 'old' speakers and amp back in first and see if they still work...

If they do, it's a problem with the 'new' speakers / wiring :) :(

very understanding dealer you have there though - I'm not sure that mine would lend me a new head unit!

name names (please :D) - sounds like it might be one we'd all like to get to know! :D:D

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
hmmm, sorry if I'm wrong, but I'm not convinced that this guy has a 2006/2007 Civic, please confirm you do?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My headunit is playing again, it was a cable in one of the doors that was broke.. so now car works 100%.. getting the new civic type R at 15.00pm so in some hours.. really looking forward to that :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No it was a cable in one of the doors that was broke, so it did all the mess, now it all works, so thats nice.. but its sold now.. got the new type r now.. got it yesterday, so thats pretty nice! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts