2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have just been to my honda dealer to order some bits and pieces for my 5dr/3dr type-r conversion.

While i was there i asked about the spare tyre and the guy said that all civic's have a place for a spare tyre. I told him mine seems to not have one. He nicely came out to the car with me to show me and when we opened the boot, he said that underneat teh carpet there is a hole where to screw the tyre holder.

I asked if i can order the kit, which includes 16inch steel rim, tyre and holding pin and screw. Apperantly honda is not making them anymore as he could not order them for me.

Now i ask, if FIRST OF ALL THIS IS TRUE:

1. what size rim can i fit. My car has 17's but this kit was a 16inch rim. If i can fit a 15 or 16 inch rim and tyre i still should have a holding down pin from my EK6.

2. What type of rim do i need. 5 stud of course, but what else should i know so i try and hunt one down.

All help is very much appreciated.
Alexei

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
The space saver for the Civ is a 135 80 16 regardless of your original fitment; my car has the 17 inch alloys but the space saver is a 16 inch bright yellow steely; I bought mine on the Bay of Flea unused with all stickers and cargo net/ fitting bolts etc still in the bags - cost me eighty quid which is substantially less that the stealers were asking.

Keep an eye on the items for sale here too!

Good Luck

Dave

PS Just seen you're in Malta, would think that even with shipping a purchase on here or Ebay would be cheaper than the dealer, even if they were available.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the dealer asked me 125 euros for just the rim. Than i need to buy the tyre and unfortunately the holding pin and plate i threw out when i was cleaning my garage for my EK6 parts.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
GENUINE HONDA CIVIC SPACE SAVER WHEEL / TYRE 2006 ON | eBay UK

See the above listing on the jolly old 'Bay, I'd be quite happy to forward to you by courier at cost if the vendor doesn't want to ship outside the Untied Kingdom, it would have to be after the 22/07 as we are away until that date, I have just roughly estimated the courier online at about fifty quid, based on 10kg 45cm x 45cm x 25 cm weight/size

Regards

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts