2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i need some help with connecting the blue remote wire i was wondering what is the best method connecting this can i use the yellow thick wire (boot aux) in the wire loom to use this to connect the remote wire thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
You usually use the remote wire from the head unit that goes live when the head unit is turned on.

If you use the wire you have mentioned above you amp will be constantly on (dont know if boot aux is permanently live) so will flatten your battery.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
If you use the wire you have mentioned above you amp will be constantly on (dont know if boot aux is permanently live) so will flatten your battery.
Not true.

The power socket is only live when the key is in slot 1 or 2.

I don't believe the stock head unit has a remote wire, in which case the best you are going to get is an ignition live (such as the power socket).

I personally ran my sub remote from this very connection until I replaced the headunit.

Unless you sit there with the engine off listening to loud music, you will not kill the battery. Remember that the amp will draw very little power if not actually driving the speakers. So even if you sit there with the radio turned off, the power draw from the amp will be so minimal it's probably not worth mentioning.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got everything connected but the theres no music coming through sub just a hissing noise but thr sub deffo works and i accidently cut the res wire which was the abs lol i was in shock but got that soldered back on phew

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
regarding the loc when connecting the rear speaker do you have to cut the wire and connect it with the loc wire thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts