2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right I need help with the Aux-In before I kill someone :mad:

I know most/all of you drive hatchback civics (I drive the saloon), but I "hope" someone can help, possibly a hybrid owner?
Initially I tried to make my own aux-in using a guide I found on a US site, see here.....

We'll I couldn't get it working (I'm an Engineer believe it or not :oops: ).
So I got myself a Connects2 you all seem to be using.
I can get the HU out in approx 5 mins (I've got it nailed now :) )
And connected the connects2 to the white connector at the back of my HU, which was empty btw.
The HU in my car is a 6CD changer no satnav.
I've connected it up but the CD/AUX button doesn't change to AUX.
Can anyone help or have any ideas? Please Please Please Please Please :confused:
Here are some pictures for reference....

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I couldn't just sit around and wait for some brains here to help me, so I went out and pulled out the HU again, did it in 5 minutes alright but it took 10 minutes for my finger to stop bleeding :oops:

I decided to go back to my original home made €5 cable.
First thing I did was remove the "B" connector, it only has 2 pins connected in its present state. As I found out later these connections are for the steering wheel controls.

I decided to just connect pin 5 to 15 (supposed to enable the AUX option), turned on the radio, pressed the CD button twice and bob's your uncle, theres AUX on the display......SWEEET!!

So I pulled the cable I made apart, soldered it again (properly ;) ) and plugged it directly into the back of the HU, I left the original connection off.

Put it all back together and temporarily routed the cable beside the gear stick (I'll go back in to connect the steering controls in a few days).

Plugged in my ipod and lovely sounds surrounded me :D
Here's a couple of pics!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have a look at this
Thats sweet :D
I'd love to do that but mine a company car, don't think they'd be too happy with me changing the dash!

I'm thinking of buying it after I get my new company car next year, so I'll definitely do it if I do buy it. The car is still like new after 2 years, only 18,000km on it.

How much did it all cost?

·
Registered
337 Posts
It can be all put back to standard without leaving any marks or clues to say there was anything installed. The navigation unit installed cost arout £14-1500.
Comes with european navi, dvd player, full ipod controls as well as ipod video playback.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I couldn't just sit around and wait for some brains here to help me, so I went out and pulled out the HU again, did it in 5 minutes alright but it took 10 minutes for my finger to stop bleeding :oops:

I decided to go back to my original home made €5 cable.
First thing I did was remove the "B" connector, it only has 2 pins connected in its present state. As I found out later these connections are for the steering wheel controls.

I decided to just connect pin 5 to 15 (supposed to enable the AUX option), turned on the radio, pressed the CD button twice and bob's your uncle, theres AUX on the display......SWEEET!!

So I pulled the cable I made apart, soldered it again (properly ;) ) and plugged it directly into the back of the HU, I left the original connection off.

Put it all back together and temporarily routed the cable beside the gear stick (I'll go back in to connect the steering controls in a few days).

Plugged in my ipod and lovely sounds surrounded me :D
Here's a couple of pics!!!!!

How do you quickly get the head unit out?? (ie without removing the whole dash) I've got my hybrid coming this week and want to do the same

Thanks, Nick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts