2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My FN2 is on the wobbly at the moment.
The other day in a queue of traffic the car cut out on me and even the hazard lights wouldn't come on! After 15-30 seconds the car "woke up" again and started when I pressed the ignition. On the same evening the VSA came on and wouldn't go off and the car was almost cutting out again, lights where dimming...

Today I had the same issue. Went to park in my space at work and the lights dimmed and it almost felt like the steering lock clicked on for a split second.

I recently replaced my OEM battery for a Halfords one. I suspected this was the issue but I have taken it out since and checked all the connections which seem fine.
I also have an amp in the boot.

Having looked through some threads I am suspicious that it could be a grounding or earthing problem but perhaps some of you guys have experienced this or have an idea?

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's easy and quick to just check all the ground cables and see if they have no corrosion etc. Also check if the battery is connected properly with no corrosion or anything between the battery and the cable connection.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
James, No I didn't but I will stop at halfords tomorrow afternoon and get them to check that too.

I went out this evening and sanded down the grounding point on the chassis to the bare metal and cleaned up the connector.
Will go on a test run shortly.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
I had a simular problem with my 2.2 cdti, after getting the alternator checked, I brought a 12 inch long extra earth/negative cable which halfords sold and put a second earth to the chassis from the negative battery terminal, no problems since.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hopefully this is all it is and it will be an easy fix.
Didn't have any of these problems before I replaced the battery.
I guess the amp could be drawing a lot of power along with fans blowing, wipers going etc.

Thanks for your info bud much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
An update gents.

Car was still having problems this morning. Limped it to Halfrauds tonight and they done a test and it was only 150 Amps (supposed to be 380 Amps)
Maybe sat on the shelf for a while who knows...

They instantly replaced it and I decided to go for the Yuasa for the extra £20.
Hopefully this should see the end of my problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts