2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help, i was driving down the motorway (m6) and i could here a noise coming from the dashboard it sounds like there is tin foil in the dashboard or a packet of crisps being scrunched.
The noise is worse on bumpy roads.

·
Registered
275 Posts
99% confident it is the silver trim that surrounds the speedo. it just pulls off with about 10 or so clips. It is the clips that tend to make that scrunching sound and the dials flexing. a good dealer should be able to sort it out, but please be patient when asking about rattles etc. there not allways the easyest of things to fix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try this...

Haven't been on here for a while - but I recognise your problem. I suspect it is little granules of dirt and dust that have got themselves down between the windscreen and the plastic slieve that covers it. I placed a few felt spacers in between (I'm pretty sure there is a post or wiki on this from several months back if you look) - but it solves the problem. Bizarrely, as you describe the scrunching noise sounds as if its coming from inside the car - guess it must be a vibration thing.......:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts