2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I need new pads and discs (front set only) and wondered what people have got on their cars?
I have seen the below set for sale at Brake depot for just shy of £190 and wondered if people have used them before.I only need front set but this looks like a good price for doing the lot. Appreciate everyone's thoughts on this

SKU: BDK1707
Front Brake Discs: Front 282 x 23mm 5 Stud Vented Brake Discs
Rear Brake Discs: Rear 260 x 9mm 5 Stud Solid Brake Discs
Front Brake Pads: Front EBC Greenstuff Pads
Rear Brake Pads: Rear EBC Greenstuff Pads

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I have managed to fade the greenstuff pads on my 2.2 and looking at your signature with those mods you would be better with yellowstuff. Discs are discs at the end of the day, just don't use drilled ones.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Why shouldn't u get drilled grooved discs

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Hi ian are you sure you need new discs? Are the current ones worn so thin they may buckle under load? Check the outer edge of the disc to get some idea of the original thickness of the disc, then note the step down [if any] to the wear surface were the discs actually rub, if there is little or no difference you don't need new discs.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers Andrew there is a big step down on the front but the back are ok and I've been advised by 2 garages that they need changing soon.
From talking to different people it looks like red/ yellow stuf pads just need some info on discs.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Lee, explain a bit more mate? Was planning on greenstuffs and replacing the hoses but are you talking about just replacing the calipers - if so are they a straight swap?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Cheers lads.

Tempting to get them now but flat broke as just replaced my springs for Eibachs and have a grill in the post! Will have to save that for the next paycheque ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.