2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right here goes ! just got a puncture in my tyre drivers side. It cant be fixed and all they tyres are toyos fitted to rages from new car has done around 10k. Im wanting to buy one tyre to replace the drivers side same size rating etc will this affect handling ?. also when i need another tyre as the other side will wear faster as it is older do i just buy another avon tyre for the front or would you recomend getting 2 now as the toyos still have loads of tread so seems a waste to swap one thats not even hardly worn. Need to order them tonight so be quick !

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I'd probably just go with the one but that's because I'm tight.

If you're getting a different model of tyre though... I think I'd have to change an axle set.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what im thinking might just buy two and have done as the other side is quite a bit more worn than i thought still well within legal but around 3 mm and itl soon be winter again !any preferance on brand i like falkens but have been told they are crap in my experience they are better than avons thoughts ?

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
what i would do is replace one tyre. then ask the garage if they would be so kind to put the back tyres at the front and vice versa, that way you have the same tyre at the front with the same tread pattern. Avon are a good tyre.
that would be what i would do remember most garages will try to get you to buy more than one. dont listen to them

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
AS previously stated, whack a budget tyres on the one that needs to be replaced, then swap your back wheels to the front so that your front tyres are the toyos.

Won't effect your car much. I'm curretly running smaller tyres on my rear wheels until they run out, not too bad.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Personally I'd purchase 2. However, buying 1 is fine as long as it's the same tyre.

Wouldn't put different tyres on the same axle.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help I'm going to get two as I'm not paying for a toyo what I can get two avons or falkens for the same price which are just as good :D let's hope it doesn't go down the way,to be changed!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts