2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Mine is very temperamental but i cannot seem to find a good universal socket for the front. Im sure it has come up before so does anyone have a good recommendation on where to get a socket fitting from so i can fix this rather annoying issue!

many thanks

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Yeah I was shocked at the price also. Decided to cough up for the OEM part as I didn't want to take the centre console out and then discover I had got something which wasn't suitable.

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
I know, stealers/Honda sure know how to charge for parts.

The essential info from Ling's is the Honda part# that is useful when searching for alternatives ;)

Let us know how the other unit fits.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know, stealers/Honda sure know how to charge for parts.

The essential info from Ling's is the Honda part# that is useful when searching for alternatives ;)

Let us know how the other unit fits.
It doesnt fit at all :laugh2:

Funny thing is some parts form honda are quite cheap compared to others. ARB bushes are £3 each, MTF is cheap as is the coolant for the engine.

I bought a set of locking wheel nuts for £20 and the socket is like £30, its madness.

Any idea of how to separate the socket from the holder as I've tried to and the past 10 minutes and came up empty handed.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
I had ordered a replacement sleeve/holder as well and ended up having to destroy the old one to get it free from the centre console :laugh2:

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ive fixed the damn thing! :laugh2:

Heres proof. All for £3.50

I bought and used this exact socket.

Universal 12V Waterproof Car Boat Motorcycle Power Cigarette Lighter Socket Plug | eBay

I then proceeded to rip off the top of it and the two tabs that were around the ring part of it. A tiny bit of sand paper to take off the harsh edges my pliers left when i ripped it off. pulled out the old one, plugged this one in and seated it round the same way, the tabs all engaged and it works perfectly! Its the same size for the hole and the length as well as the Honda one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts