2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my CTR in November last year and due to the stone chips the dealer agreed to give the bonnet and flanks a respray before I picked it up so she'd look good as new :)

I picked up my first chip 2 days ago :( - but when i went to touch it up I noticed the paint/lacquer seems to be bubbled/lifted off around the chip and I also noticed it was lifted off in another place.

Is this blistering around a fresh stone chip normal for the honda paint or should I be talking to the Honda bodyshop re: the quality of the respray?

Photos below:

Attachments

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I bought my CTR in November last year and due to the stone chips the dealer agreed to give the bonnet and flanks a respray before I picked it up so she'd look good as new :) I picked up my first chip 2 days ago :( - but when i went to touch it up I noticed the paint/lacquer seems to be bubbled/lifted off around the chip and I also noticed it was lifted off in another place. Is this blistering around a fresh stone chip normal for the honda paint or should I be talking to the Honda bodyshop re: the quality of the respray? Photos below:
Looks like a very poor respray to me - Milano Red is the most susceptible to stone chips, but the bubbling \ lifting speaks to inadequate adhesion to the substrate, i.e. the preparation work was shoddy ...

Take it back and ask that it be done properly ...

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I would avoid respaying any car if you have to, I've owned a red car and you can always tell under the street lamps! Red is a pig to match and shows up in a different shade at night. I'd call Chips Away to touch it up properly, this will look better in the long run.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts