2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mirror SODS. Cant get the mirror caps off.

Gear shift leather gaitor. Cant work out how to get the old one off.

Heplful step by step guide to both with pics would be good please

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, but I've already been through the WIKI pages and couldn't find much, just a short vid of someone pulling a mirror cap off. I tried what they did and it isn't coming off.

Thanks Farqui. That's the afternoon sorted then reading all those.

·
Super Moderator
1,419 Posts

·
Enjoying life
8,565 Posts
You have to push the glass in (top corner?, Can't remember exactly) the glass will come out. There are a few bolts/screws to remove to get the cap off.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Try this, very easy to get out only needs a couple of screwdrivers once you have removed the gear knob.
This is to replace with an aftermarket one that doesn't have the plastic attachments.
Same supplier does one that is fully assembled and a straight swap or you can buy the real Honda one at twice the price.
https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?79613-How-To-replace-the-gear-stick-gaiter-on-a-FN2
without taking the gear knob off if poss. Still trying to get the bezel off. Given that it has my TypeR number on it, I don't want to break it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now I see why you have to undo the gear knob!

I got the plastic surround unclipped without incident - just got to be brave with the dinner knife and prise it out. It's back in for now, but at least I know how to release it for when I get a new leather gaitor. Now onto the mirror caps for the rest of the afternoon.

Muchas gracias for the links folks.

·
Super Moderator
1,419 Posts
No problem.

If you go easy with a small thin driver wrapped in cloth and start at the top right hand corner you won't break it.
The clips don't hold that tight so not much force required.

You might find more TypeR specific how to's if you join the TypeROwners forum as well.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does FN2 have a fuel filter in the back somewhere that needs to be changed come 10yrs old?

·
Super Moderator
1,419 Posts
The fuel filter is under the centre console.
The front seats are on top of the tank.
Unless you are getting any symptoms that suggest a fuelling issue or are brave enough to tackle it, don't bother yet.
there is a "how to" on the forum.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you Wilmo. I take it that the filter isn't part of Honda service schedule then if it's buried there. EP3 was a lot easier being under the rear seats.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Thank you Wilmo. I take it that the filter isn't part of Honda service schedule then if it's buried there. EP3 was a lot easier being under the rear seats.
I took the centre console out and brought the filter from cox, and got my local Honda main dealer to fit it when they did the valve clearances, charged me £60 labour

·
Super Moderator
1,419 Posts
no it's an extra charge - look at the Honda website for servicing and you will find a long list with fixed prices. then you can decide indie, Honda or DIY.
my local H dealer was not keen on the idea but then I'm only at 51k miles so should not be an issue.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts