2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I need to wire power straight from the car battery to front passenger seat (for a Radio and Amplifier). Is there any hole which I can use while passing power cable from car battery to passenger side? Cable is quite thick as Im installing power sharing block under the passenger seat.

Any advice appreciated!

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Issue solved: Im allready running wires to my HIFI amp in the rear, going to install powersharing block before that and some small wiring in the front passenger seat if needed. :) thanks for mental support!

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Issue solved: Im allready running wires to my HIFI amp in the rear, going to install powersharing block before that and some small wiring in the front passenger seat if needed. :) thanks for mental support!
Heard later that using HIFI-amp +powersharing block is not way to go for ham-radio equipment.. so still waiting for answers for this thread?.. What is suitable place to wire cables from: battery -> front passenger seat

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
I'd have thought for anything up to 100w output the internal loom would be fine or are you thinking about HF rather than 2m or 70cm?

73 Om

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd have thought for anything up to 100w output the internal loom would be fine or are you thinking about HF rather than 2m or 70cm?

73 Om
Going to install icom 706mk2 and my cbradio. I think the cigarrette lighter only provides 10A? Thats isnt so much for rigs like 706. Also it is adviced to wire rigs directly from car battery instead of using cig lighter as the power flow differs so much :) Also I think its more easy to handle and keep up wirings when wired one wires from car battery -> powerblock -> rigs

Tell me if im totally wrong on this one.

Btw im not native UK citizen so please tell me what is "internal loom" :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts