2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

We're picking up our new-to-us Civic tomorrow. Bought it from my grandparents with around 36,000 miles on it, so just run in!

I'm amazed at all the mods that can be done to these, auto folding mirrors, take me home lights etc. Hopefully will be doing most of them in the near future!

I've been a member of the Renault forums for a while (well still am, this is my mothers car, I'm still with a Renault) so hope to be active on here too.

Quick question, the passenger side wing mirror is all cracked and broken so we hope to replace it asap, do all civics have electric mirrors, or are they different with different trims? Ours is the SE trim.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Hiya,

I'll answer the question that everyone else seems to have ignored saying 'Hi'. ALl 06's had electric adjustable heated mirrors and yes they are all the same. The glass is stuck to a plastic frame that clips into the adjusting motor ad is easy to replace. There are also two wires for the heating element. Replacements from a dealer will be about £45 but decent ones can be sourced from ebay for about £10. Avoid the cheaper ones and choose carefully as some have very small heating pads that are next to useless. If you do go aftermarket the chances are the pins for the heating wires will be smaller than the OE Honda ones so you may need to speak the connectors slightly with a pair of pliers but that's easy enough.

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
Hello mate & welcome to Civinfo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts