2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Got my FN2 a few weeks ago coming from an '06 1.8.
This Type R was LPG converted when I bought it being the main attraction to me with fuel savings and having a Type R again! Don't know if LPG is a frowned upon thing in performance cars but it suits my current financial status brilliantly.

I used to have a pre facelift EP3 about 5 years ago and this newer model beats it in every way IMO, love every bit about this car.

No modifications besides the previously mentioned LPG conversion and factory GP bodykit which I think looks better and the 19" rage alloys.

I will probably be looking to change the wheels to 17" EP3 wheels to make it less crashy on the roads (my only complain about this car! Lol). Just need to scour this forum for an FN2 with EP3 wheels to see how it looks then I'll go ahead with it.
Anyways, apologies if these introductions are supposed to be brief!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Welcome to :civinfo:

First time ive heard of a lpg converted fn2. How does it drive compared to a regular petrol version?

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
You might find that 17" wheels won't clear the front caliper.
Try looking for a set of original 18" FN2 wheels and put some decent tyres on - bound to be some on ebay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to

First time ive heard of a lpg converted fn2. How does it drive compared to a regular petrol version?
Drives spot on mate. It's a decent system with the changeover from LPG to petrol and vice versa being seamless. Power seems to be the same, vtec is great with both. Only slight difference would be it's a bit heavier, but the tank is in the spare wheel well so nice and low down and not too big.
Running costs are less than my 1.8 too which is sweet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts