2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just taken delivery of new 1.8si.

2 queries.

Scratch about half inch on rear passenger door - will dealers touch up be ok or should I ask for door to be resprayed ?

Lots of greasy gunk under rear wheels arches to which stones are sticking. Dealer says its from the tyre spray they put on. Should this be cleaned off ?

Thanks very much for any advice on these

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
It's a new car - it should be perfect ! ...

Scratch : touchup not good enough - a local respray will be o.k. (paint hasn't had a chance to fade yet)

Gunk : not acceptable - tell the dealer to clean it all off with cold degreaser, and ensure the inner wing liner is ok.

Reactions: surepay

·
Registered
22 Posts
snap...

Just bought a new SI too, tho i have another 2 week wait :(
i would have them sort that, no way should your new car have any damage!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Just taken delivery of new 1.8si.

2 queries.

Scratch about half inch on rear passenger door - will dealers touch up be ok or should I ask for door to be resprayed ?

Lots of greasy gunk under rear wheels arches to which stones are sticking. Dealer says its from the tyre spray they put on. Should this be cleaned off ?

Thanks very much for any advice on these
When I complained about the sticky muck on the wheel arches I was told it was underseal and not to remove it as it could affect the warranty. They however could not give a method of removing the muck.

Might be the same dealer as you.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
When I collected our brand new Civic 2 years ago there was Sticky black stuff on the rear wheel arches. Was told be the dealer that it was Underseal that they apply during the PDI.
Sure enough after a few days it had "Cured" & has been fine since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts