2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new civic a couple of days ago, after a long time spent lurking around this forum and asking a few questions of my own, so big thanks to everyone who answered my questions.

Car is a cat D which I've had repaired and is now everything I hoped for and more. My previous car was a 90hp ford fiesta econetic which took a while to realise what was even going on when I put my foot down, so the 2.2 is a pretty massive step up.

Car actually already has a civinfo sticker on the back, so looks like I'd better buy a second sticker :)

how to screen capture

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
:hello2: mate & :welcome4: to :civinfo::rock:

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. Yeah the previous owner has fitted wind deflectors, a Type R spoiler, type s mudflaps and some tints for all the rear windows. I just added a Type R gearknob myself (first mod!).

I have been wondering if the previous owner might have tinkered with anything else, they could have remapped it for all I know, the thing feels stupidly quick, beyond what I'd expected, but frankly I've come from a small engine previously and people often say on these forums that the diesel pulls well.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,716 Posts
Thanks everyone. Yeah the previous owner has fitted wind deflectors, a Type R spoiler, type s mudflaps and some tints for all the rear windows. I just added a Type R gearknob myself (first mod!).

I have been wondering if the previous owner might have tinkered with anything else, they could have remapped it for all I know, the thing feels stupidly quick, beyond what I'd expected, but frankly I've come from a small engine previously and people often say on these forums that the diesel pulls well.
loads of low down torque makes the car feel rapid .

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah awesome it does indeed end in DTO. Afraid not mate on the glasses mate, i will ask the mechanic though and the guy that cleaned it before it came back to me, but neither have mentioned anything.

·
Lurker
164 Posts
Ah awesome it does indeed end in DTO. Afraid not mate on the glasses mate, i will ask the mechanic though and the guy that cleaned it before it came back to me, but neither have mentioned anything.
Hehe, I'm still looking for a spoiler to go on my new one!
I can tell you it's not been remapped. You should have an engine grounding kit under the bonnet, and your spoiler is bolted on, not glued.
Discs were MTEC dimpled and grooved, yellowstuff pads, all done about 1000 miles. Car was serviced and did about 12 miles in total before being Cat D'd.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You did an awesome job with the styling, really couldn't ask for more, my family arent really fans on the 8th gen civic but everyone was impressed when it cam home. I had wondered what the red cable to the battery was all about, i presume thats the grounding kit, what does a grounding kit actually do?

Im pretty pleased its not been mapped, the performance is already brilliant if you ask me, and I'm a tad worried about future clutch problems.

·
Lurker
164 Posts
Cheers, glad you like it. I had her just over a year and was so happy with it I got another.
I don't think the grounding kit does anything over and above what is already on the car. I certainly didn't notice much difference after installing it. But it's a cheap and easy thing to do if anyone fancies a little tinkering under the bonnet.
I installed an auto folding mirror module too, but I'm guessing you had the drivers door replaced?
She's a great can and I'm sure she'll bring you plenty of joy over the coming years :)

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I actually cant get the mirrors to fold at all, i think something must have shorted when it had a bump but ive not had chance to get that sorted yet, and yeah its got a new mirror and door.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,716 Posts
I actually cant get the mirrors to fold at all, i think something must have shorted when it had a bump but ive not had chance to get that sorted yet, and yeah its got a new mirror and door.
could be the sod unit(shut off device) is missing out the mirror if so i have a spare one i have refurbed fully working and tested ,maybe tempted to sell if it helps you out.

·
Lurker
164 Posts
could be the sod unit(shut off device) is missing out the mirror if so i have a spare one i have refurbed fully working and tested ,maybe tempted to sell if it helps you out.
Should it be a SOD unit problem? Driver's side is a brand new mirror unit, passenger side was brand new in March 2013. They should be fine surely?

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Should be a folding mirror, it was stated that it was when i bought it. Both of the mirrors wont fold.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts