2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
There are 2 new Apps available for Honda Connect in the Honda App Center.

Navx Parking App.
No more endless quests for a parking space in 23 countries in Europe.

Navx Fuel App
An update of fuel prices covering fuel stations in 23 countries in Europe.
According to your location, choose the nearest / cheapest price fuel in the area.
In addition to the official prices provided by the government, the App enables its users to take part by updating the prices they actually see at fuel stations.

Both these Apps are free for 1 year and require connected data to operate.

They can be downloaded either on-board vehicle via the Honda App Center App
or having created a Honda App Center account in the App center settings, you can download online at the web based App Center and transfer to car via USB stick.

https://ivhs.os.ixonos.com/honda/index.html

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Things beginning to look up ☺

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just tried to download these apps by tethering from my iPhone 5s. Connect showing I have wi fi connection, however apps fail to download completely and will not open. My phone was in wifi zone. Any ideas guys as I do not want the usb option.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just tried to download these apps by tethering from my iPhone 5s. Connect showing I have wi fi connection, however apps fail to download completely and will not open. My phone was in wifi zone. Any ideas guys as I do not want the usb option.
Have you got a good phone signal? 4G/3G? if not, can you connect to a WiFi hotspot / home router?

If you go into the "My Apps" section of the App Center, you can remove the App and start again.

Normally if the download fails due to poor connection, it wont go through the install process.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Have you got a good phone signal? 4G/3G? if not, can you connect to a WiFi hotspot / home router?

If you go into the "My Apps" section of the App Center, you can remove the App and start again.

Normally if the download fails due to poor connection, it wont go through the install process.
Thanks Steve, Just tried it again and after several attempts now all downloaded ok. The apps seem to work smooth enough and will go to Nav to the destination you choose from their lists. Well it's a good start, not before time, let's hope more and mirror link will become available also.
Cheers.

·
Registered
67 Posts
So I have tried the fuel app today, as I was really excited to get something else other than the Aha app on the Civic.

The concept is great, but the execution so far is not so good.

First, every time I open the app, it says the following:

After clicking OK, it asked me to select the fuel I am interested in. Now I know these are in Hungarian, but let me translate: "Kilencvenot" is "95" in Hungarian. I'm not sure how is it in the UK, but we never use these things. I am also not sure what SMdiesel is.

After finding a cheap petrol station, I went there and checked the price. The app said it is 315 forints (315.9 HUF = 0.7952 GBP). Upon arriving to the petrol station, I saw that the price is actually 320.9 HUF. But no problem, I can give feedback in the app by editing the price. However, upon clicking on the edit button, I have found that every time I hit the + button, it adds .001 to the price (which is not even a valid denomination of HUF) So to change the fuel price from 315.900, I would need to press the plus sign 500 times.

All in all, I think the concept is really good and I do appreciate Steve's effort to update us on the matter. However, I am sad to see that the execution is pretty poor. I hope there will be frequent updates to the app, so such errors will be fixed soon. I also hope that the app is more usable in the UK.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi there i am also getting the message mine is about to expire also ,it also says license valid for 12months 5 days
appreciate Steve m for informing us of updates

·
Registered
36 Posts
Will definitely download and try these out tomorrow, glad there are finally some new apps out.

I still find it bizarre how all these apps look so old though, it looks like the first Tomtom I ever bought. We've got a full android tablet in the console, state of the art car but the apps look straight out of the 90s. I can't see it happening but fingers crossed they open up the system to outside developers!

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have these apps installed on my 10G. What happens when the year expires? Do you have to pay afterwards and how much?

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
My connect was showing updates today for App Centre, Navx Fuel and a system update.
@Steve_m any idea what the system update one does?

Navx Fuel wouldn't update.. failed to install.

Anyone else had these updates and noticed any changes ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My connect was showing updates today for App Centre, Navx Fuel and a system update.

System update is an update for the permissions/whitelist

If you have changed your permissions/whitelist version number to a higher number as you mentioned to me before to prevent overwrite, then it wont have allowed that to update and that is most likely why your Navx Fuel update wont install.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I've the Navx to Preinstall in permissions and it installed ok :)

·
Registered
177 Posts

Hi
I've not got any updates showing on mine.
Does your Garmin still reset every so often? Usually once a month I get the 'agree' screen showing and lose the speed cameras until I do the restore and end up with the Garmin themed maps. Easy to change but still a nuisance. Thought RC6 was meant to cure this.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Hi
Does your Garmin still reset every so often? Usually once a month I get the 'agree' screen showing and lose the speed cameras until I do the restore and end up with the Garmin themed maps. Easy to change but still a nuisance. Thought RC6 was meant to cure this.

Yes, I get the Garmin reset. Like you say, about once a month.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Hi
I've done a bit of web research...

I think this is due to a setting called 'Memory Refresh' in the Car Settings (not the deeper stock android settings) and it's associated refresh time (Normally set at 02:00)

I think the idea is that because Honda chose a low powered system, it's supposed to clear the RAM/Soft Restart the system to clear the crap from itself, softer version of holding down the power button to re-boot. However, it seems that it doesn't work as it should (i.e Daily and give us the 'I Agree' Garmin Nag daily too) and restarts randomly.

Does your infotainment unit REALLY refresh as scheduled? | 2016+ Honda Civic Forum (10th Gen) - Type R Forum, Si Forum - CivicX.com

How to do a hard reset? | 2016+ Honda Civic Forum (10th Gen) - Type R Forum, Si Forum - CivicX.com

I've turned mine off today, and see if it makes any difference. I will report back.

BTW... this applies to all 2015+ Honda Connect systems including the newer 10g systems.

Why oh why did'nt Honda charge us another £100 and put in a system with more power?

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
21,947 Posts
The Honda Connect was the deal breaker that stopped me changing mine early last year. Sad to see that it's still being a pain on occasion.

Too many reported issues scared me off. If not I'd be rolling round in a 2016 EX Plus.

It's a considerably cheaper unit than the previous Alpine so made a purchase cost saving of close to a grand I understand.

Certainly saved me a packet :laugh:

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've done a bit of web research...

I think this is due to a setting called 'Memory Refresh' in the Car Settings (not the deeper stock android settings) and it's associated refresh time (Normally set at 02:00)

I think the idea is that because Honda chose a low powered system, it's supposed to clear the RAM/Soft Restart the system to clear the crap from itself, softer version of holding down the power button to re-boot. However, it seems that it doesn't work as it should (i.e Daily and give us the 'I Agree' Garmin Nag daily too) and restarts randomly.

Does your infotainment unit REALLY refresh as scheduled? | 2016+ Honda Civic Forum (10th Gen) - Type R Forum, Si Forum - CivicX.com

How to do a hard reset? | 2016+ Honda Civic Forum (10th Gen) - Type R Forum, Si Forum - CivicX.com

I've turned mine off today, and see if it makes any difference. I will report back.

BTW... this applies to all 2015+ Honda Connect systems including the newer 10g systems.

Why oh why did'nt Honda charge us another £100 and put in a system with more power?

Thanks for that info. Interesting. Didn't know about the built in reboot. Explains a lot.
Any idea why it loses the speed cameras seeing they are a poi. All other poi are still there after the reboot. Maybe something to do with needing to do a restore to fully activate the cameras.

I said on another forum that Honda are mechanically sound but software wise are lacking.
Agree with you that a bit more money and a later Android system would have been much better.
Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) was very short lived before Jelly Bean (4.1) appeared. Google realised it was lacking very quickly but Honda in their infinite wisdom thought 'ah, cheap'. Wouldn't have thought it would take much to update the Android version to at least 4.1 or even later versions of Jelly Bean (4.2 or 4.3).

What version do the latest systems run on? Must be a fairly new one to incorporate Android Auto.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
The 10g and other new Honda's such as the forthcoming CRV use basically same version... just updated to use carplay etc.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts