2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are pleased to announce the recent addition of the following two dealers to our network of authorised UK Mugen Retailers.
We are happy to geographically expand our network to provide access to genuine Mugen parts to a larger area of the UK.
Both Hendy Performance and Springfield Honda are committed to providing the best possible service, and to offer a next day delivery for many Mugen parts, from either their own stock or our own centrally-held stocks, which, because of our close association with Honda UK, allows Mugen parts to be delivered using the excellent reliable Honda distribution network alongside the Honda OEM parts.

Hendy Performance

Flanders Industrial Park
Flanders Road
Hedge End
Southampton
S030 2FZ
01489 774128
[email protected]
www.hendyperformance.co.uk

Springfield Honda

Scotswood Road
Newcastle Upon Tyne
NE4 7DF
0800 1303921
[email protected]
www.springfieldhonda.co.uk

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
Good stuff! :)

Can I just ask, the current package deals at the moment, are they now permanent deals? (or at least for the foreseeable future)?

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
Can I just ask If you would consider dropping your prices? Just so you don't have to be a bloody sponsored race team to get hold of anything other than a few dress up items? I mean 5k for a brake upgrade that's just a joke (as you can get better kits for half the price) drop your prices and watch the sales come flooding in:)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good stuff! :)

Can I just ask, the current package deals at the moment, are they now permanent deals? (or at least for the foreseeable future)?
No, not permanent, but no published end-date yet. However, as the current price list was fixed Jan 1st, all prices are due for their next review July 1st, so if you particularly want something, June might be a good time to get your order in.

·
Fuel Save Mode..
2,613 Posts
Good Stuff..maybe pop into Springfield when I'm next back up North :)

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
No, not permanent, but no published end-date yet. However, as the current price list was fixed Jan 1st, all prices are due for their next review July 1st, so if you particularly want something, June might be a good time to get your order in.
Cheers mate but asthetical mods are coming next year hence me asking if they were permanent, suppose I'll just need to see what's happening at the time then cheers!

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts

so there's gonna be another price increase ?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can I just ask If you would consider dropping your prices? Just so you don't have to be a bloody sponsored race team to get hold of anything other than a few dress up items? I mean 5k for a brake upgrade that's just a joke (as you can get better kits for half the price) drop your prices and watch the sales come flooding in:)
I would ask you a question first - we have recently announced package deals offering up to 20% off RRP; have you considered buying anything from that list?

However, to answer your question; our prices are based on our own costs, which include shipping to the UK, import duties, fixed currency conversion rates, stockholding costs and development of next generation parts, many of which we have no control over.
We are a small company with just 5 full-time employees and if you think we are making an outrageous fortune I can assure you we are not. Our accounts are a matter of public record at Companies House as with all limited companies.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so there's gonna be another price increase ?
No decision has been made yet at this time as it is a review only.
Incidentally there hasn't been a product price increase on the UK RRP list in over 2 years other than those caused by currency rates and/or shipping rates and fuel surcharges etc.

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
Basically what we really need is for the government to get they're finger out and start boosting the economy to strengthen the point, thus increasing the number of Yen per pound the reducing the cost of mugen goodies :D

·
Registered
698 Posts
i got a question about one set which contains quikshifter and knob, when i google it, its this one

Can you confirm it will fit FN2 ? Also is it heavier (hopefully) than the OEM TypeR knob ?

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
What are your opinions on Mugen items compared to other companies Products, for example your fn2 calipers and discs package compared to the stoptechs which are much cheaper etc

why cant you offer your items at comparative prices, im not picking on you, for one id love to have Mugen items on my car but the best I could do is maybe an oil cap and some socks

·
Registered
698 Posts
What are your opinions on Mugen items compared to other companies Products, for example your fn2 calipers and discs package compared to the stoptechs which are much cheaper etc
You really diddnt count for proper anwser on this one, did you :) ? They wont say its either better or worse because they would be sued by other company :popcorn: The only people who can review products are us. And its doubtfull somebody will review Mugen calliper set unless he lost his mind totally.

All we can do is keep complaining about prices but it doesnt change anything. People will still spend sick money on some pieces of plastic with badge on just to make their cars different, therefore company can keep their prices. And i belive they dont make much money from them, main profits come from races, custom build cars etc.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
I want to hear Mugens voice on this :)

but i hear you pal :)

EDIT i also want to say that i am glad that we do have a chance to hear Mugens voice on this issue becuase of this forum :)

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
I would ask you a question first - we have recently announced package deals offering up to 20% off RRP; have you considered buying anything from that list?

However, to answer your question; our prices are based on our own costs, which include shipping to the UK, import duties, fixed currency conversion rates, stockholding costs and development of next generation parts, many of which we have no control over.
We are a small company with just 5 full-time employees and if you think we are making an outrageous fortune I can assure you we are not. Our accounts are a matter of public record at Companies House as with all limited companies.
I have not seen the package deals so can comment will have a look tho - do you have a link?

My point is a how can mugen japan justify the mugen gp wheel for instance£800 plus each!! Not including wheel nuts with uk vat added to an already extortionate price nearly 4k for a full set with nuts that's just bonkers. I know vat is the work of Satan read government. Even the guys at tdi south have never sold a full set!! The USA get them for tuppence compared to what our rrp is.

At the end of the day you are missing your Market your aiming far too high the ctr is a mid priced hot hatch that are not made any more. A set of bumpers fenders a spoiler, brakes, grill, air filter and wheels and you have bought the car again!!!!! That is just a joke how much r&d dose any of those items need? A wheel for one is round and forging has been around for ages. Other jap companies do not charge this sort of money. Why does mugen???

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
Basically what we really need is for the government to get they're finger out and start boosting the economy to strengthen the point, thus increasing the number of Yen per pound the reducing the cost of mugen goodies :D
+++++++1million my friend:)

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts

why cant you offer your items at comparative prices, im not picking on you, for one id love to have Mugen items on my car but the best I could do is maybe an oil cap and some socks
My point exactly - spoon calipers can be had for around £1100 are you really telling me the mugen ones stop you 5x better I don't think so.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts