81 Posts
There:

and

Reactions: M8TJT

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here you go {click}
Cheaper identical ones are available but usually from China.
Not plug and play, some wiring skills (very basic) needed.
I've just got two of these for my FK3 and sadly the 'some wiring skills required' is a level much higher than I actually possess. I've looked online for a how-to guide and failed at that as well. Any ideas where I should look?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you do have a go, any chance you could post here with the info. I'm much the same as yourself, but haven't attempted it as of yet.

So any help would be much appreciated.

·
4,490 Posts
You should be able to modify the connection of the mirror module to the electric window circuitry to do that without too much problem.
Only problem as far as I can see, without doing some checking, is that the 'ON' time of the module may not be long enough to fully wind the window. But that should be easy enough to extend by someone with fairly good electronics knowledge (it will likely be set by a resistor.)

·
4,490 Posts
There are basically two types. One with 8 pins and one with 9. If you want the mirror to unfold when you unlock the car, you need the 9 pin one (and access to the unlock pulse), otherwise the mirrors unfold when you switch the ignition on.
The 'secret word' for searching is "Intelligent"

·
Registered
12 Posts
There are basically two types. One with 8 pins and one with 9. If you want the mirror to unfold when you unlock the car, you need the 9 pin one (and access to the unlock pulse), otherwise the mirrors unfold when you switch the ignition on.
The 'secret word' for searching is "Intelligent"
so basically tapping into the relevant connections kindly pictured above . I’ll get searching for intelligent 😂cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Which China special did you use mate ?

that’s the one I used, arrived in a couple of days and accepts best offer 🥳

21 - 40 of 49 Posts