2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spent a bit of time making some new avatars - really didn't like the 5 minute job I did before.

You can now show your spec, and colour. I even bunged in a couple of specs and colours that aren't there yet!

To change your avatar, click on "profile" at the top, and go to the bottom of the profile page to find the avatar gallery. You'll have to choose your spec first from the drop down list (ignore "models" - they are the old ones), press Go, and you'll see a selection of colours.

Anyone using the original type has now been defaulted to black (statistically, I thought this was the best bet), apart from a handful of users where I've changed them for you.

Pottsy

PS They are optimised for the default theme, Aphrodite. The six of you who are still using subsilver - not only do you get no ladybird, but now out-of-theme avatars! Soz.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No pressure to use them - Homer is cool - it's just for those (like me) who when visiting a forum just can't be bothered to upload something.

·
Registered
178 Posts
nah homer was just a stand in until I got a pic of my civic (of course I need to actually get my civic first!)

I think it's a good idea, a nice reminder to everyone what car you own, to put your comments in perspective

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Groovy!

·
Registered
975 Posts
cool

·
Registered
103 Posts
Animated avatars

Not a complaint - just a query.

Why are animated avatars banned? So long as they comply with the KB and pixel size limits, do they put any specific loading on the server? I would have thought it was the user's browser that does the animation.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's an aesthetic issue. I would like the forum to look neat, tidy and "professional"; I'm aiming at something diametrically opposed to myspace.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cool..

Here's my new avatar and siggy!

:D

Always try to be the best, but don't ever think you are the best.

So much living to do...so little time!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts