2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Hope your all safe and well?
it appears the battery on my MK9 1.6 diesel (66 plate) is on its way out.
It died totally out of nowhere 3 weeks ago, I charged it back up and seemed fine, but now the start/stop doesnt work and the battery logo shows so I’m guessing it’s a lost cause.
What would people recommend for a replacement? This one never made 5 years, but they do power a lot nowadays don’t they.

cheers

Ross

·
i-Vtec
4,281 Posts
Cox Honda are pretty reasonable for OEM and OEM is Varta. Tayna batteries are very competitive on eBay too.

·
Registered
382 Posts
My 2015 diesel failed at about the same age. A Cox battery was supplied and delivered for a pretty reasonable price so I'd go for that.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
The stop/start function on my 65 plate 1.6 diesel started to fail (shows warning) exactly 5 years after the service.
After some research I decided to get the replacement from Cox.
It was an easy DIY job and I sent the old battery to Halfords to recycle.

·
Super Moderator
2,596 Posts
just take your old batteries to scrap yard
you will be surprised at times how much you get for them
halfords make a fortune from people dropping there old batteries off
when price was high at scrappy i got £30 for a old van battery few years back
normal car batteries can top a tenner at times

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
My 9G battery started playing up at the 3 year mark. As it was the original Varta, I didn't want to risk another, so bought a Yuasa instead. Tayna were very good, plenty of choice , and delivered next day. Cox also provide a very good service with good prices (+ a small extra discount for forum members) , so choice is up to you. Make sure you get the right type of battery, my 1.8 needs an EFB battery , your car will probably require the same or AGM.
Battery replacement is a doddle, and much easier at home than when it won't start in the middle of nowhere !

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,549 Posts
I must be lucky. My battery is just over 8 years and still going strong. 1.8 petrol though, no stop/start.

·
Registered
561 Posts
all to do with price of scrap at the time
see if you can find a local scrapyard that lists online and look up there prices
why do you think so many wagon batteries get pinched
This might give you an idea of what they fetch

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,448 Posts
My original battery was failed at service by Honda. I’d never had any problems with it. So new one under warranty.
Make sure you purchase one suitable for stop/start. Myself I always switch it off, if I forget it scares the hell out of me when it stops at lights etc until I realise what it is.
As mentioned Cox website will show you the correct battery. If you register with them via this site you may gain a web discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts