2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Flat battery yesterday, I think it was probably on its way out.

Seat heater on max most of the previous day, auto lights etc. etc. and it just didn't start.

So, went looking for a new battery:

batteriesonline had a good price of £70 on one of the Bosch ones, but couldn't really say when it would be delivered

Halfords wanted £90/£102/£120 for basic/medium/calcium

Honda (Bury St Edmunds, John Banks) - £63 or £80 fitted. It's a Varta and came beautifully packaged up.

By comparison the green dot in the old Varta battery was nearly black, I've put it on charge and hopefully it'll work as a spare for something.

·
Registered
85 Posts
do did you go for the honda varta battery in the end? so am I right in thinking that honda sell/fit varta batteries as their standard?

I've got battery problems too and I heard bosch are the best but when i went to halfords who sell bosch they said they don;t have any bosch batteries for my 1.8EX :(

·
Registered
85 Posts
hmmm just had a quick look at carbatteriesonline

for my 06 plate 1.8EX they quoted £55 for the bosch S4 (S4021) is this right?

·
OMG8THGENEX
840 Posts
I also suffered a flat battery whilst the car was sat for a few days over the heavy snow period. I'm going to bite the bullet shortly and go for the Bosch S4... Honda OEM battery is from Yuasa and don't appear to be upto much at all --->
Google Translate#

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
I also suffered a flat battery whilst the car was sat for a few days over the heavy snow period. I'm going to bite the bullet shortly and go for the Bosch S4... Honda OEM battery is from Yuasa and don't appear to be upto much at all --->
Google Translate#
Yuasa make Bosch batteries I have seen Posted before.

·
OMG8THGENEX
840 Posts
Yuasa make Bosch batteries I have seen Posted before.
Don't think that's correct at all... If anything I'm sure It's Varta that do infact make Bosch batteries.

·
OMG8THGENEX
840 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Google Translate#
I don't think the battery in 1.8 civic is from Yuasa, it's another brand (some weird name I can't recall right now). As for Yuasa: the original (Yuasa) battery in my 2003 civic is still working fine, even in low temperatures (lowest so far was -12C).

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello all, sorry for the delay in replying. The battery came from John Francis Honda in Bury St Edmunds. It was boxed up (brilliantly packed!) - and was a VARTA unit. The one that came out was also a VARTA.

I've charged the old one in the garage, it's clearly not totally dead and will be ideal (if kept charged) as a spare battery for jump starting the other cars.

My only problem with batteries off the interweb at this time of year is people guaranteeing when they'll arrive...

I suspect this was the original battery, so it's done 3.5 years on an EX diesel - so lots of toys and the hardest engine to crank, I'm okay with it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts