2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I've spent the last few hours trying to search through threads regarding new batteries. I've been to Halfords for a battery check today and they reckon its at 55% capacity, ready for a change. I thought it may need changing as the lights dim for a second when I put the heating on and such like.

I've found out a few batteries which fit the CTR but I think a definitive list is required so I will start us off:

BOSCH S4 021
Yuasa 053

These are pretty standard, cca of around 350. Anyone know of any batteries with a higher cca that definitely fit the CTR? Reason I ask is mine that needs changing is 545. Now come on guys, plenty of people must of replaced their battery, don't be shy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think people only replace with the above or OEM. That said, I understand that Cox now supply the OEM battery which is a Yuasa one but before used to be the dodgy make.
Well my currently installed batter is a Banner Starting Bull. No idea how old it is.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bosch silver is a powerful battery

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Link for exact model? Seems to be a few on that line. And does it fit, that is the question?

As for the Varley Red Top, seems like its more aimed at the racing crowd, super lightweight and super expensive to go with it no doubt!

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Yuasa is 380 CCA
Bosch is 330 CCA.

These are the main two, the rest are not the same level with regards to Halfords own brand, Furukawa etc. Race batteries such as Varley have higher CCA, but you pay a lot, even more to get the same capacity and you need to connect to the smaller terminals.

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Link for exact model? Seems to be a few on that line. And does it fit, that is the question?

As for the Varley Red Top, seems like its more aimed at the racing crowd, super lightweight and super expensive to go with it no doubt!

Bosch S4021, you mentioned it in your first post.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts

£80 is hardly super expensive

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I think the question now is Bosch or Yuasa? I've found both for about £45 - decisions decisions!

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Cool, if any one can confirm asap that would be appreciated whilst they still have their 25% discount offer on :)

just to confuse matters, I also found this cheaper batter.
Bosch Honda S4 Battery 159 4 Year Guarantee | Euro Car Parts UK

and cannot find the Bosch S0421 model that everyone recommends on this site...

I just want one that fits! but also gives good pound for pound performance.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
This is one I've looked at as it is a better battery than the S4021 and Yuasa 053 but need someone to confirm they have it in their CTR before I'd buy. I know eurocarparts are notorious for giving disinformation. Anyone have this battery??
Confirmation it does not fit..

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/type-r/86897-battery-ctr-3.html#post1403761

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/type-r/86897-battery-ctr-3.html#post1403761

damn, they sound like a pain in the ass. May just get the 0421 version from fleabay.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Didn't think S4 024 fit, there is a reason the S4021 is bought.
cool, i am buying this now for the FN2:popcorn::p

1 - 20 of 46 Posts