2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all.

Not yet a Honda Civic owner yet, but hoping to be (as soon as my wedding is paid for :)

Test drivenboth the 1.8 and 2.2 5 door last year, and was very impressed. Only had a slight niggle about the suspension.

Interested in the S type and will see if a test drive of the type R lets me make up my mind between the 2.2 CDTi (which I found a lot easier to drive than the 1.8) and the storming 2.0 R . Currently have a 1997 Almera 2.0 GTi ( do I hear loud guffaws eminating from the forum!) that I have owned from new (117000 on original clutch!) The 2.2 CDTi seems to have the closest performance to my ageing Almera, but with a bit more presence.... well LOTS actually.

Still not sure about the SAT Nav voice controlled stuff.... will it last 10 years without becoming a waste of space? It does have a sense of humour .... after asking it to "Eject passenger" it cool replied " Nearest Hospital??" :D

·
King of the rodeo
4,828 Posts
Hi there!

Welcome to the forum! Thats the problem with integrated systems, they're stuck in the car. Honda have released one update thus far, although no-one really knows what changed but it bodes well for future updates. I'm biased towards the 2.2 i-CDTI obviously and have had no real problems to date. Good luck with the test driving and let us know your thoughts!

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
or - to confuse things further still - get a 2.2 and have it chipped... :D

welcome aboard - and congratulations on the wedding :D

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hey welcome, New Be!

Looking forward to seeing what you chose. I'm getting an i-CDTi, best engine I reckon :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts