2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
200kg though. thats more than the weight of the 1.8, hell it's more than a k20.
I can't comment as I'm not sure about the weights of the engine but I just know diesels are heavy cars

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Don't really know why the confusion on the engine weights.....:rolleyes:

YES the 2.2 Diesel engine is considerably heavier (approx +150KG) but the Bilstein kit is a kit designed to be used on all models 1.4, 1.8, 2.2 and now a specific kit for the FN2 Type R.

The standard shocks on petrol and diesel models (excluding Type R) are the same, The KONI FSD shocks are the same for all models of petrol and diesel (excluding Type R). As for the springs the only difference between the petrol and diesel cars is the front springs (rear standard and rear Eibach springs are the same ones for both petrol and diesel) as the Diesel engine is heavier and therefore the springs are both a different length and rate.

With this Bilstein coil over kit the reason it fits all models is down to the simple fact that you can set the front height of the spring with the adjustable platform. The springs in the kit are progressive wound and of a higher rate than both the petrol and the diesel standard standard springs.

THEREFORE it fits all models and carries full TUV approval ;)

Chris

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
They look great brilliant price but my worry is getting on and of ferries as I use them quite abit. :-(

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Kits have now arrived :D

And here is one on display in our retail shop...

We've shipped one out to Australia today and have another car coming down next Tuesday to have a kit fitted.

Think this initial batch may go quite quickly ;)

Cheers, Chris

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
How do I find out the ride height settings against the thread on the front struts/ rear spring insert? I have mine set about 35mm from the bottom thread on the front strut and the car sits really low at the front. If I adjust the height so that the springs are sitting at the top of the thread will it represent standard ride height or lower?

·
Administrator
17,968 Posts
I doubt you will need to wind up the nuts at the bottom of the spring that far.

Try 10mm on the shock thread, drop the car down on the ground (with the wheels on!) and check the ride height.

You may need a couple of tries to get the shock adjustment set to the ride height you want.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Thanks, but I'd really like to know how the position on the thread relates to the drop you will get. I don't think it is rocket science I might end up contacting Bilstein if I can't get the answer here.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
On the highest setting, the ride height is around 10mm lower than standard.

Like you said, it's not rocket science, more trial and error. You probably don't want to set the ride height too high, as the shocks won't be preloaded and the ride/handling may be adversely effected.

I'd just lift it 10mm on the threaded shocker body and see what it sits like then.

Rich

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi like to no do you still sell the Bliston coilover for 2008 FN2 Honda Civic Type R
Please let me no as my shocks are blowing out thank you and send out to
Sydney Australia

21 - 33 of 33 Posts