2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Vendor
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are very happy to announce that we now have a tuning module available for the new 2017/18 Civic 1.5 Turbo.

Results on this are very good, making 240hp and 320Nm torque on Shell V Power 99Ron fuel (dyno graph attached).

The install is very straightforward. Nothing needs to be removed, and the whole process takes 5 minutes.

Air fuel ratios remain entirely as standard (see attached dyno graph with AFR). Fuel trims are not excessive, and ignition timing remains steady throughout the rev range.

We are taking pre-orders for this unit as of now and it will go on general release in early May.

If any members have any questions please feel free to ask.

We are also very keen to get a 1.0 Civic in for development, as we expect similar proportional gains. If you have one, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Best Regards,
Edd,
Bluespark Automotive Ltd.

Attachments

·
Vendor
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Paddy,
Yes we did consider that during development. We have also included options on the box for running 95RON. Please see the attached graph.
Best Regards,
Edd

Attachments

·
Vendor
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are measured at the wheels, and losses are measured (not just calculated/estimated) in order to give crank figures. Our dyno measures losses on coastdown (car in neutral) in order to give accurate drivetrain loss figures. We quote crank figures in order to be comparable with the factory, who also quote crank figures.

I can export wheel figures as well should you require them.

Whichever way you look at it, the gains vs stock are the same whether you look at crank or wheel figures.

Best Regards,
Edd

·
Registered
940 Posts
Quick update on my Bluespark tuning box, well I must say I'm very impressed with it and can highly recommend it, I have been running it on setting C using Sainsburys super unleaded 97RON and the performance and pick up is fantastic it also makes a more sporty sound through the twin central exhausts, funnily enough the economy also seems to of improved, having driven 252 motorway miles taking it steady around 70 mph I got 61.6 av mpg showing on the computer, cruising in the early 80s I got 51 mpg, the extra power and torque means you don't have to rev it so high, of course if you boot it at high revs all the time you are bound to lose a bit but I can say the tuning box hasn't resulted in no big dip in economy considering all the extra power.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We are also very keen to get a 1.0 Civic in for development, as we expect similar proportional gains. If you have one, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Best Regards,
Edd,
Bluespark Automotive Ltd.
hi edd, I have just purchased a 1.0 civic SR last month and I am very interested in this product. when will you be taking pre-orders for the civic 1.0?

1 - 20 of 162 Posts