2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
121 - 140 of 162 Posts

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
I currently have the 1.5 sport turbo and considering one of these. Ideally if feel the car drives nicer in s. D is good but sometimes the cvt box can be a bit lazy. I suppose I am curious as to what change in the drive this would make to the car running in D and whether it would improve the driving experience? I’m not looking for all out power but looking for a nicer engagement with the car in drive! Anyone with a cvt - would you recommend the blue spark? Any issues? You mention no higher than map c? What spec is map see? I guess map A and B have a spec to? Cheers

·
Vendor
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
I currently have the 1.5 sport turbo and considering one of these. Ideally if feel the car drives nicer in s. D is good but sometimes the cvt box can be a bit lazy. I suppose I am curious as to what change in the drive this would make to the car running in D and whether it would improve the driving experience? I’m not looking for all out power but looking for a nicer engagement with the car in drive! Anyone with a cvt - would you recommend the blue spark? Any issues? You mention no higher than map c? What spec is map see? I guess map A and B have a spec to? Cheers
The car has more power available across the whole rev range. This doesn't neccesarily mean that you have to drive faster, just that the car is far more effortless in normal driving, and can accelerate far more quickly should you ever wish to.

The maps on the box look like this, Map A and B are equally proportionally less so you can imagine where they would sit on this graph. Ultimately very few people tend to run A or B as if you want less power than map C, you can simply not push your right foot as far down.

We reccomend sticking to map C on the CVT box, though a lot of customers have chosen to run map D and E too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So i just did a dyno on my 2019 Sport Plus Manual 6. Stock and then Bluespark Map C. Dyno was a new bapro chasis dyno dual drumm with braking (eddie currents), calculated at the shaft (crank). Right after me there was a guy with a 2017 BMW Series 5 rated at 150 hp and 360 nm. He did 151.3 and 364 nm. So dyno is very accurate. Power is rated in CV which equals PS. Most german manufacturers give ratings in PS, and most cars driven in Romania are German, but it's easy to do the conversion from PS(CV) to HP, BHP, etc online. Didn't wanna even try to go further than C, that's where i'm gonna keep it. SO YES. BLUESPARK WORKS!

Attachments

·
Registered
940 Posts
Thats a high torque output for stock, was you using premium 99 Ron fuel? Your stock hp is about the same as mine 198.4hp bluespark got using 99 Ron fuel and I did have a k&n panel filter on. I leave mine on top map 240hp and 320 nm

·
Registered
940 Posts
Edd, I've had a Greedy sp full stainless steel cat back exhaust fitted to go with my bluespark box on the top setting so when restrictions are back to normal I might pop up and see if you can do a dyno for me to see what figures I'm now getting and maybe you can fine tune it to allow for the extra engine breathing to make sure everything is in sync, I do have a spare blank setting on my box, but if you think everything is fine then maybe no need to, so play it by ear.
Regards Roger

·
Vendor
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
Edd, I've had a Greedy sp full stainless steel cat back exhaust fitted to go with my bluespark box on the top setting so when restrictions are back to normal I might pop up and see if you can do a dyno for me to see what figures I'm now getting and maybe you can fine tune it to allow for the extra engine breathing to make sure everything is in sync, I do have a spare blank setting on my box, but if you think everything is fine then maybe no need to, so play it by ear.
Regards Roger
Of course mate, we can fit you in as soon as things are back to normal, just give us a call.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Of course mate, we can fit you in as soon as things are back to normal, just give us a call.
Yeah I'll be in touch when things are back to normal and I find the time prob June/July. See what dyno figures we get with the addition of performance exhaust system v 240hp map, there maybe scope for one more map as long as its still within factory tolerances or everything could be working fine and no need.
Impressive economy with bluespark box on top setting, ok I was only cruising at 65-70 mph as in no hurry and with no hold ups but it was average over 80 miles

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thats a high torque output for stock, was you using premium 99 Ron fuel? Your stock hp is about the same as mine 198.4hp bluespark got using 99 Ron fuel and I did have a k&n panel filter on. I leave mine on top map 240hp and 320 nm
Yeah using 99 RON always, even before the Bluespark. Not even moving it from MAP C, it feels plenty for now. Haven't had any issues with it in 6000+ miles. How bout you?

·
Registered
940 Posts
Took car to Bluespark for a dyno, slightly down from original figures 228.6 hp and 305 nm v 240 and 320 on top box setting however it was done using 97 Ron fuel compared to 99 on original tune plus Edd said their dyno is now calibrated to US SAE standard rather then EU DIN which results in slightly lower figures, still fantastic gains though.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Has anyone run the Bluespark on regular unleaded? I guess it’s all E10 now. If so, what would the higest safe map on a 1.5T manual be? I do about 140 motorway miles a day, so the extra pennies for 99RON adds up. Or is there a significant MPG increase using 99RON compared to 95 when using th Bluespark box?

·
Registered
940 Posts
I would say map A, as that was designed to run on 95Ron, however I use 97 Ron on the top setting and it runs lovely with good mpg, sainsburys super unleaded that I use is only 6 ppl more than regular so a lot cheaper than say shell v power 99

121 - 140 of 162 Posts