2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
141 - 160 of 162 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Thanks, that’s not too bad. Shell has a much bigger premium where I am but I can fill up at Sainsbury’s. Good to know that 97RON works fine. Can I ask how many miles you have done with the box. Will be doing around 20k a year And how to run the car for a good few years.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi, this tuning module seems very tempting for promising such performance gains comparing to its price and ease of installation.

May I ask two questions?

a) Safety. Is it safe to install it as DIY? It’s just two plugs, very easy for someone to do it on his own but is there any possibility the installation to create malfunctions to the car’s ecu and for example the car not starting or CEL lights blinking that might require to tow the car to a mechanic/dealership? Or you can just unplug it, rollback the installation to stock and the car will be just fine as before?

b) Shipping to EU. Since brexit, customs and taxes are imposed to goods from UK. Is there any chance to ship from an EU warehouse in order to avoid this burden? If not is there any estimation on the extra costs (destination is Greece)?

Finally from what I read in this thread all bluespark owners are satisfied with the product, do you still share the same impression after some years of using it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
940 Posts
Point A, diy fitting v simple on the 1.5T , there are detailed instructions with photos, there is also a YouTube installation video and you can contact bluespark for advice. It comes with a blanking plug which takes seconds to swap back to stock.
Had mine for a long time and well pleased with it also economy is a bit better.
Cant comment on what import duty you will be charged to ship to Greece but when I brought something from Spain I had to pay 20% VAT plus a small courier admin fee

·
Vendor
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
a) Safety. Is it safe to install it as DIY? It’s just two plugs, very easy for someone to do it on his own but is there any possibility the installation to create malfunctions to the car’s ecu and for example the car not starting or CEL lights blinking that might require to tow the car to a mechanic/dealership? Or you can just unplug it, rollback the installation to stock and the car will be just fine as before?
Install is very very easy, you can't really get it wrong.

Even if you totally ignored the instructions, plugged it in the wrong place, the worst that I have ever seen happen is getting a CEL. This doesn't require going to a dealer. Once the install is correct, even if you were to make a mistake and got a CEL it will go out by itself.

b) Shipping to EU. Since brexit, customs and taxes are imposed to goods from UK. Is there any chance to ship from an EU warehouse in order to avoid this burden? If not is there any estimation on the extra costs (destination is Greece)?
If ordering to Greece, we can subtract VAT when ordering (use the coupon code "NOVAT", address must be outside the UK for this to work). The item will be charged Greek VAT when arriving in Greece, and usually a small admin fee of about €10EUR. Overall it is mildly more expensive because Greek VAT is higher than UK VAT.

Overall however, since Brexit the item will cost about €15EUR more in total, but we have made shipping in the EU free via Airmail or £20 instead of £30 via DHL. Overall it now costs about €4EUR more to get a Bluespark in Greece than it did pre-Brexit and takes a few more days because of customs.

Its annoying, but not the end of the world.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Install is very very easy, you can't really get it wrong.

Even if you totally ignored the instructions, plugged it in the wrong place, the worst that I have ever seen happen is getting a CEL. This doesn't require going to a dealer. Once the install is correct, even if you were to make a mistake and got a CEL it will go out by itself.

If ordering to Greece, we can subtract VAT when ordering (use the coupon code "NOVAT", address must be outside the UK for this to work). The item will be charged Greek VAT when arriving in Greece, and usually a small admin fee of about €10EUR. Overall it is mildly more expensive because Greek VAT is higher than UK VAT.

Overall however, since Brexit the item will cost about €15EUR more in total, but we have made shipping in the EU free via Airmail or £20 instead of £30 via DHL. Overall it now costs about €4EUR more to get a Bluespark in Greece than it did pre-Brexit and takes a few more days because of customs.

Its annoying, but not the end of the world.
Thanks Edd! Gary from your support guided me through and I ordered one. Currently it sits for 15 days waiting for customs clearance in Athens airport. Hope to get it soon. It annoying seeing an item arriving from UK to Greece in 1 day and having to wait so many days for the last few miles.

·
Vendor
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
It annoying seeing an item arriving from UK to Greece in 1 day and having to wait so many days for the last few miles.
We totally agree, hopefully things will get better as more customs agents are recruited. Unfortunately Customs have all the power, so can take as long as they wish. I hope that it is with you soon.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Just installed the box in mode b with 95 Ron fuel.

the car is completely transformed and the ditch finder tyres which came with the car are going very soon!

was getting wheel spin in 4th gear but think that’s more down to the tyres

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Hi, I'm interested in one of these for my 66 plate 1.5 CVT prestige. What are the recommendations when using with an auto transmission, and how do I make sure it's on the right setting?
Oh and I heard there's a discount for CivInfo members.. :)

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Just installed the box in mode b with 95 Ron fuel.

the car is completely transformed and the ditch finder tyres which came with the car are going very soon!

was getting wheel spin in 4th gear but think that’s more down to the tyres
Have now had it for over a week and tbh mode b is the best and most sensible for me. Put 99ron in and tried modes c and e today. C seemed to miss a bit of lower down shove..e was good but I wouldn’t say massively better than b. Still totally transforms the car though.. I think for overall balance of mechanical sympathy, noticeable power increase and cheapest petrol costs I will still with b and 95 Ron..

·
Registered
88 Posts
file mou. I use bluespark box for more than one and half year and i am more than satisfied. I have a civic diesel 2019 model, and the tuning box improoved economy and power too!!
When you take it to honda greece for regular service, just remove it, so you will have no problems. Removing it is an easy task, and if you do it once, you can do it easily every time for have to remove it..

Cheers

Finally after almost two months sitting in the customs I received my box!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi fellows,

Installed the box during the weekend. Followed the instructions and all went fine, no CEL lights, the leds on the module turned on (blue and green) and the car started normally. Did some runs on map C (default). I must admit that due to time restrictions and heavy traffic in my area I could not test drive my car as long as I wanted, however the overall feeling is ... nothing. Unfortunately any difference in performance was just not noticeable. The only noticeable thing was consumption which seems that although I pushed harder my car, it remained steady whereas normally I would expect it to rise.

Yesterday I removed the box since my regular maintenance service is a few days ahead. I had an expectation that the effects of the removal might be more noticeable, that I would feel the car less powerful etc. Again no difference. Car's performance seems the same as before, only consumption has risen :D !

I am disappointed, I would expect that such 20-30hp gains would make a direct difference in the car's performance and driving feeling even in everyday drives with low gears and speed. After the maintenance service I will install it again and try map D and maybe I will try also to perform some timed tests. However among others, an important factor in a performance mod is the feeling a driver gets from it and I am sorry I couldn't feel anything and its not that I am a performance car driver (my civic is the most powerful car I ever owned).

I doubt that I didn't install the module correctly, it is almost impossible to do it and my car fired up and drove with no warning lights or hickups. However if there exists anything that I should check again I will happily do it. Looking forward to try map D and I hope I get the performance feeling I expect.

cheers!

·
Registered
88 Posts
1) Did you follow the instructions concerning the delay (10 minutes) you have to make after closing the car till installing the box?
2) You have to let the car idle for a while and make a short journey so as to let the car adapt to the new info.
3) From my personal long time testing to my diesel engine, power difference, even in Map C, is more than noticeable.

Do the procedure as i describe and make a short journey as to le tthe car adapt. Take pro fitment and afterfitment time measurements (80-120 4, 5, 6 gear ) in the same road before and after and then post the results.
i have more than 1 sec difference in the above measurements.

Hi fellows,

Installed the box during the weekend. Followed the instructions and all went fine, no CEL lights, the leds on the module turned on (blue and green) and the car started normally. Did some runs on map C (default). I must admit that due to time restrictions and heavy traffic in my area I could not test drive my car as long as I wanted, however the overall feeling is ... nothing. Unfortunately any difference in performance was just not noticeable. The only noticeable thing was consumption which seems that although I pushed harder my car, it remained steady whereas normally I would expect it to rise.

Yesterday I removed the box since my regular maintenance service is a few days ahead. I had an expectation that the effects of the removal might be more noticeable, that I would feel the car less powerful etc. Again no difference. Car's performance seems the same as before, only consumption has risen :D !

I am disappointed, I would expect that such 20-30hp gains would make a direct difference in the car's performance and driving feeling even in everyday drives with low gears and speed. After the maintenance service I will install it again and try map D and maybe I will try also to perform some timed tests. However among others, an important factor in a performance mod is the feeling a driver gets from it and I am sorry I couldn't feel anything and its not that I am a performance car driver (my civic is the most powerful car I ever owned).

I doubt that I didn't install the module correctly, it is almost impossible to do it and my car fired up and drove with no warning lights or hickups. However if there exists anything that I should check again I will happily do it. Looking forward to try map D and I hope I get the performance feeling I expect.

cheers!

·
Registered
32 Posts
1) Did you follow the instructions concerning the delay (10 minutes) you have to make after closing the car till installing the box?
Yes, I followed exactly the instructions, otherwise I would get a CEL. The car starts up, warms up, idles and drives perfectly (as it did before).

2) You have to let the car idle for a while and make a short journey so as to let the car adapt to the new info.
No, I didn't let the car idle, I took it for a drive just after installing the box. Was very careful to warm it up prior trying to perform any accelerations as I always do. I didn't read anywhere in the instructions that you have to let it idle in order to adapt, and for how much time? Moreover the box as I understand is not a flash map needing the ECU to adapt. It is supposed to have immediate effect upon installation, there is nothing for ECU to learn (please correct me if mistaken).

3) From my personal long time testing to my diesel engine, power difference, even in Map C, is more than noticeable.
Plan on moving to map D upon re-installing.

Do the procedure as i describe and make a short journey as to le tthe car adapt. Take pro fitment and afterfitment time measurements (80-120 4, 5, 6 gear ) in the same road before and after and then post the results.
i have more than 1 sec difference in the above measurements.
Took it for quite a few short drives on the weekend, approx 50km total, could not spot any difference in the car's performance. Upon re-installing the box I will switch to map D and try to measure performance as you suggested. Thanks.

141 - 160 of 162 Posts