2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys and Girls,

Just joined the forum today, having joined another type r specific forum, which was very juvenile in some of its comments and posts, this forum looks like the kind of thing I like, with some very useful info.

I have oredered a new Type R which arrives in June, it is a first Honda for me, and I am looking forward to it, at the moment I am driving a Ford Focus ST, which I will be trading in against the new one.

Am I doing the right thing? Have not been that impressed with the Ford dealers, or the quality of the car in general, although performance wise it is really good.

Anyway look forward to speaking to you all in the future.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Once you've owned a Honda, you wouldn't want anything else. Ok, perhaps an Aston DB9 but that's out of reach for most of us.

I'd love to hear what you think of it compared to the ST. Be sure to update us when you get your car in june. Have fun !!

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Hello Guys and Girls,

Just joined the forum today, having joined another type r specific forum, which was very juvenile in some of its comments and posts, this forum looks like the kind of thing I like, with some very useful info.

I have oredered a new Type R which arrives in June, it is a first Honda for me, and I am looking forward to it, at the moment I am driving a Ford Focus ST, which I will be trading in against the new one.

Am I doing the right thing? Have not been that impressed with the Ford dealers, or the quality of the car in general, although performance wise it is really good.

Anyway look forward to speaking to you all in the future.
Did you test drive the R type ?

About dealer it's a question of Luck and Contact. And I think tje relation you will have with him is one of the most important point to enjoy your car.
I think that in this range of Brand (honda, Ford etc...) you will found the same proportion of good/normal/to be avoided dealers. If the service is not what you thinck it should be and if you have another dealer close to you, pay a visit to him (have a look at the wiki section for comments about your dealer and add you own)

In France the problem is different. The dealers are so few that you did'nt have the choice (only 80 for the whole territory mainly near paris !)

·
King of the rodeo
4,828 Posts
If you havn't driven it (and your comment suggests that you havn't) it would be worth booking a test to set your mind at ease! It comfortably trounced the ST in most of the road tests I have read.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts