2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly i regretably sold my CL9 Accord Type S, i had a guy track me down on facebook and offer daft money. I had only just recently started a new business and began doing healthy motorway mileage so it kinda made sense to switch to something a bit more economical. There's a link in my sig if you wanna see my awesome CL9, lol

Anyhoo, I picked this up a few weeks ago and even though there's a distinct lack of top end power compared to my K24 im still enjoying the low down boost from the electric motor, it makes for a very nippy getaway off the line, lol.

Its an October 2010 model, so its only just turned 2 years old and i picked it up with 19k on the clock. Its a fair bit smaller compared to my CL9 accord, but my wife has an FK1 civic hatch so thats now taking over family duties now that the CR-Z isnt really child friendly.

Got it a bit cheap, well i haggled the dealer as it was due its service so managed to get some more money off the sticker price. Just had it serviced last week using all genuine parts and its running sweet as a nut now.

With winter coming up, i still had my winter EVO 8 wheels from my accord in the garage. They were a boring silver, but i didnt want to put them onto the CR-Z as they looked tatty. So i've had them refurbed in Honda Inca Gold Pearl, i think its gonna go really well with the black of the car. My new wheel nuts and black enkei wheel decals arrived yesterday so i hope to get these on this week sometime.

I'll update when the wheels are on, should be next week sometime.

Plans are to defintely improve the handling, i think its got potential from the way ive been able to throw it about. Its my first car with macpherson struts too, as all the other cars i've owned have always been double wishbone set ups. So, coilovers, camber bolts and a thicker rear anti roll bar for sure. Probably some strut braces too and defintely a more aggressive wheel fitment for extra track.

The car defintely gets breathless on top end, so i think a supercharger will easily sort that, the problem is the money for a kit, lol! Really like the noblesse centre exit exhaust and diffuser too, but aint got money for mods after buying the car so it'll be a long while before those mods are on the go.

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Seen you over on the crz forum, welcome :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys, had time this week to mount the tyres and yesterday i finally got the wheels on so just got a couple of pics of my crz's new look.

Fitment as gone from 16x6 +55 to 17x8 +38 and i think it looks great. The rear could still go out further so when i get new summer rims i might get something a bit wider on the rear. The front is sitting great, as when i get coilovers a smidge of extra negative camber will tuck the fronts ever so slightly. At the moment im getting some mexican arch poke on the front but it doesnt bother me as its only a wee bit, lol

Thats the old vs new pic, and now on the car:

The car is super dirty, but im getting a winter detail done next weekend. The detailer says not to wash the car in the meantime as he wants to get come really good before and after pics, lol. I'll get some proper pics up when thats done

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No new purchases yet but i did go away at the weekend to get a Winter Protection Detail done on my CR-Z. Just in time too as it snowed pretty heavily all last night! On with the pics:

Very very dirty!

Snowfoam

Getting there

Freshly washed, now onto clay bar, cutting, sealing and dressing.

Optional extra headlight buffing. They were ever so slightly cloudy so a quick machine polish got them looking perfect again.

Clayed, cut and sealed, dressing last.

All done!

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
Love these cars just wish they had more room in the back for kids. ;-)
Very nice buddy

·
Tormented by Mods
388 Posts
looks sweet im waiting till santas stop raping my bank account before i buy my Z some new rollers

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
loving those wheels :D these remind me of the old crx i think it is? bit past me lol
I've had these wheels in 3 different colours now. Most people say they recognise the wheels when they see them, but they cant quite place them. It clicks when i say they're just regular oem mitsubishi enkei evo 8's, lol! They suit this just as well as they did on my accord

I had one! Car looks good needs some lows

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Cheers buddy, coilovers as soon as i can, only had the car just over a month, lol!

Love these cars just wish they had more room in the back for kids. ;-)
Very nice buddy
Cheers buddy, its proper tight for both my daughters in teh back. There's a bit more space if they sit on booster seats but then they've no neck protection in case of a rear end hit so we use the proper child seats. Only a few times, my wifes FK1 has taken over family duties now, haha!

looks sweet im waiting till santas stop raping my bank account before i buy my Z some new rollers
Good man, we need more modded crz's in the uk! The americans are always at the forefront. Im gonna get some coilovers after winters finished for sure

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know i said coilovers next but this came up cheap so i had to have it.

I should be ordering my coilovers within the next few weeks though. Gonna go for BC Racing again, as i had them on my CL9 for over 2 and a half years with no problem. Plus i did 2 trackdays with them too and they held their own.

I hope to install the hks intake next weekend now as i've no time this weekend so i'll try and get some pics of the install too

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally had some spare time today so I managed to get the hks intake on. It was a surprisingly easy swap. On eco setting its barely noticeable, but on sport mode it really roars as an intake should. I doubt it'll make any more power but its all about the noise really, haha

Coilovers should be ordered up by next month too, then new wheels in april!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Such a sweet motor... Hats off to a sick CRZ

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry for the disappearance, just been mega busy with work but I have good news. Coilovers are finally on and im rolling on a new set of rims too! Here are some pics of the past few months showing the updates on Misa-Chan.

First up, the massive UK number plates had to go. My last car ran jap size plates and i wanted similar for the CR-Z too. I couldnt find the part number for the JDM front number plate holder so I ended up getting USDM number plates holders for the front and the rear :cool:

I got a USDM 12x6 front plate, and since the rear has such a big space i got a jap size 13x6.5 for the back.

Rear plate holder installed

Secured using genuine "government issued" JDM number plate bolts!:cool:

It stayed this way up till around June where we had our open day for business. So I displayed my CRZ as it was, still on my winter wheels as my new wheels hadn't arrived from America yet :eek:

One of my friends genuine FD2 Civic Type R which now has a Mugen RR bodykit!

After that I finally ordered and purchased my coilovers. I went with BC Racing again as I used them on my last car with no issues at all over 3 years and even completing 2 trackdays with them. Anyway on with the pics:

Hmmmmmmmmmm, it'd still be another month before I could get these fitted as I was still waiting on my new wheels coming from America. It seemed like forever but it just so happened they turned up last week, so the mad rush was on to get the coilovers and new wheels fitted.

The wheels I'd been anticipating had finally arrived and by damn, did they look absolutely gorgeous! I went for Avid.1 AV-09's in a 17x8+40 size and in the Hyper Black (Black Chrome) finish. I swapped my summer tyres over, the Nexen N9000's i'd bought earlier in the year.

The Nexen's have a mad tread pattern with cool Z's in the shoulder so that kinda made my mind up about buying them in the first place. I stuck with the 225/45/17 size as i'd been using the same size on my winter tyres. Plus i prefer the slightly thicker sidewall to give a little bit extra protection against pot holes, that and the fact it makes the speedo more accurate.

I was a long day last week but we finally got the coilovers and wheels fitted:

I'm going to drop the front ever so slightly, but i think otherwise the rear is fine where it is. No rubbing on the rear at all, and only slight rubbing on the front on full lock, where the tyre rubs the inner fender liner at the back of the wheel well. But that used to happen before so its no big deal. Onto the pics from today, typical Scottish wet weather but i made do and got some decent pics.

I also fitted some Avid.1's to my friends Turbo NSX and I took some pics of that today too. On the NSX i went for 18x9+30 front with Falken FK453 225/35/18 tyres and 19x9.5+15 rears with Falken FK453 255/30/19 tyres. Enjoy the pics.

The spec list on this thing is rediculous. Im sure most can already spot the Do-Luck front bumper with Carbon Kevlar undertray, Border vented front wings, Ritmo Lechers Side Skirts, Super Taitec Carbon Rear Diffuser, Lamborghini Aventador Red respray and the full custom turbo 1-piece exhaust made in our garage. The Carbon rear roof scooped hatch houses an intercooler above the engine too. Its a pretty wild drive i must say.

Anyway back to the CR-Z. Im swaying with the idea of a custom centre exit exhaust as i've already seen a few people try the same on this forum already. I bought a spare rear diffuser from a junkyard so i can chop that one up without sacrificing my original diffuser so that the next plan so far.

If you hadn't guessed by now, my new business is dealing in alloy wheels and avid.1 is just one of my brands exclusive to the UK. I'm not here to trade though, im only here for the crz community :cool:

Comments/criticisms/questions welcome...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cheers guys, not sure on the window tints as i bought the car like that. I thought they were the normal Sport specification tints. They do look pretty dark at times though. I hate window tints with a passion, but figured since these are oem tints i cant remove them...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 20 Posts