2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently sold my long term Nova turbo project and didn't intend buying another heavily modified car to replace it but that lasted all of a month or so.

Found this for sale on here and couldn't believe it hadn't sold so arranged to view it and made the long 500 mile round trip this weekend. This car has had some serious money spent on it by the previous owner.

There are a few things I want to do including putting a standard bonnet on to replace the carbon one and maybe getting the wheels done black but other than that I'm happy with it.

Power is at the wheels. Photos shamelessly stolen from the for sale thread but will get some of my own.

Long drive back today and have realised the car is far too loud, must be getting old! Have washed and clayed the car since I got home so need to get some decent polish on it now (ran out of time tonight).

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
It's a nice car, needs to lose the rages tho, stunning on a stock car but on a highly modded example like that you need aftermarket rims!

Good luck buddy !

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
Nice matey, agree with dave on the wheels. Maybe some team dynamics would be nice.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Managed a bit of work this week. Fitted the OEM HID's that were on my black FN2 to this car. Bit tidier than aftermarket HID's and look standard so should avoid any questions come mot time.

Replaced clips on drivers front arch as that was flapping about as well.

Ordered some OEM Type R decals for the sides so that will hopefully break the silver up a little bit.

Just wish I could transfer the HFT/Satnav from my black FN2 before selling it but its not an easy job it would seem!

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Great looking car you have bought, completely agree with getting the bonnet back to original colour as not a great fan of the carbon/ black bonnet.

Front bumper looks really good. Enjoy

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nice looking motor mate,

Out of interest, does anyone know how much a bodykit like that would cost? It's just interest mind, I'm not about to be copying anyone :)

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Looks spot on great buy Lee! :)

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice looking motor mate,

Out of interest, does anyone know how much a bodykit like that would cost? It's just interest mind, I'm not about to be copying anyone :)
Expensive, bumpers are around £1500 each and the rear spoiler about £1200. Then paint on top :eek:

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Booked in at TDI North for a remap Saturday so hopefully will get the dash working properly then along with cruise control plus I will be more comfortable everything is good with the car. Something to do with map vs maf tune means dodgy fuel gauge etc at the moment but this can now be resolved with the updated software.

Still no takers on the bonnet either!

Have had the car park dings removed now and the aircon regassed, what a difference.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Small update.

Had the car to TDI North for a health check and remap. They found a hell of a lot more power in the midrange and cured the masses of black smoke on hard acceleration. Also fuel gauge and oil light is now working.

Decent power considering it had been on the dyno a few hours and the intake temps were quite high.

Backbox slid off the midpipe on the way home somehow, sounded awful. Considering a new exhaust anyway as this one is far too loud at my age.

Also got round to replacing the bonnet with a new silver one, slightly more subtle. Turned the oil cooler over as well as the pipes should surely be on the top.

Should be at the next North (ish) meet in February now.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
What area of Manchester are you from? Keep a look out for you . Nice fn2.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oldham. Don't use the car much though. Work in Salford but car share in the Missus EP3 most days.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts